Discussion topic: Sky stream at 2160p operating at 60hz by default?

This message was authored by morkboy_wonder This message was authored by: morkboy_wonder

Sky stream at 2160p operating at 60hz by default?

By fault as soon as I set the puck to 2160p it also locks at 60hz. 

I assume sky sports are at the uk standard 50hz because on my Samsung tv I get terrible juddering. My tv when set to 60hz doesn't like a 50hz stream

if I try setting it back to 1080p it even sticks at 60hz there (although this is 50hz out of the box). 

I am on the 1.2 software. 

is anyone else experiencing this?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Sky stream at 2160p operating at 60hz by default?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@morkboy_wonder Sky are aware of the issue which seems to have started with the QS020 update a couple of weeks ago.  They are currently working to fix the issue which will no doubt be included in a future update.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@morkboy_wonder 

This has been noted by others:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream-Live/Sky-Stream-switching-to-60hz-FPS-after-standby/m-p/43... 

Doesn't seem to happen on my puck though. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@morkboy_wonder Sky are aware of the issue which seems to have started with the QS020 update a couple of weeks ago.  They are currently working to fix the issue which will no doubt be included in a future update.

morkboy_wonder
Topic Author
This message was authored by morkboy_wonder This message was authored by: morkboy_wonder

Thanks @Fothergill1 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@morkboy_wonder Have a look at the link provided by @SlenderRobert as it contains a workaround which you can use whilst Sky find the solution 😀

morkboy_wonder
Topic Author

Thanks for the heads up. Yep the app trick works. 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

I am a big fan of stream but I do find it incredulous that sky continue to release software updates that clearly flawed. What happenned to thorough testing prior to release, especially with this kind of issue - simply not acceptable 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion