Discussion topic: Sky stream and soundbar

This message was authored by Daniel+John This message was authored by: Daniel+John

Sky stream and soundbar

Hello all! Ive just switched to sky stream. Ive got an LG CX currently.

i want to add a soundbar. Spend below £500 ideally. So im asking for suggestions. Also im new to this. If the stream only has one HDMI slot. How would that work with a soundbar? Especially like a Sonos Beam 2 which doesnt have optical. 

Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky stream and soundbar

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Daniel+John the sound bar connects to your TV not to the Stream using the HDMI socket labelled as eARC. Your TV will pass the audio to the sound bar.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Daniel+John
Topic Author
This message was authored by Daniel+John This message was authored by: Daniel+John

Hey, thanks Chrisee

im currently running an optical cable from my LG to my sky soundbox but the audio is sometimes a little out. Do you have recommendations for a soundbar and to prevent audio being out of sync 

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Daniel+John wrote:

Hey, thanks Chrisee

im currently running an optical cable from my LG to my sky soundbox but the audio is sometimes a little out. Do you have recommendations for a soundbar and to prevent audio being out of sync 

Whatever soundbar you buy, as long as it has eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) then it will have auto lip sync correction when connected to a TV which also has an eARC port. You would connect the Stream puck to any other HDMI port on the TV and the audio will pass-through the TV to the soundbar. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion