Discussion topic: Sky stream and F1 - watch later - does it work

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky stream and F1 - watch later - does it work

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sauzee4 I found the same with F1 last season and ended up cancelling Sky Sport. If. I had to watch some of the races through the C4 highlights I might as well see them all that way and save £300 a year.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Mulderatnumber42 This message was authored by: Mulderatnumber42

What about F2 and Indycar races? Are they also available on delay? 

This message was authored by Kevjs This message was authored by: Kevjs

@Mulderatnumber42 wrote:

What about F2 and Indycar races? Are they also available on delay? 

Yeah, although the delay for the F2 wasn't great, but they did always appear eventually. About 60% of the time the Sunday feature race was available after the F1 post race. Ended up watching a couple on my Xbox via Sky Go as they appeared there but not Sky Glass initially, but by the time I'd watched them they were on the playlist.

I was never in as much of a rush to watch indy (would be Thursday before I had the time) and they were always available by then.

This message was authored by Mr+Meaks This message was authored by: Mr+Meaks

Sky stream. Set to record the pre season testing. This years is not there. Neither cloud recorded or on demand. But last years is available on demand. Viewer.r@sky.uk assured me this would cloud record like the golf does. 

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @Mr+Meaks 

Yep I've experienced the same as you, disappointing.

I posted a 2023 thread here and we'll see if others get issues as one says it cloud recorded.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream/F1-2023/td-p/4236417 

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by nstokes This message was authored by: nstokes

Could it be a stacking issue as there are issues on Sky Q with things going into other or not stacjing at all so could be that issue or a metadata issue

Sky Q 2TB, 2 x Sky Q mini
This message was authored by Kevil This message was authored by: Kevil

I know this is an old thread, but for thosse of you who had F1 for 2023, how did it go? I'm contemplating switching from Q to Stream, and like many others i usually watch the races on sunday evening. 
Extra question, if i join a broadcast half-way through, can it be restarted, or do i have to wait for the catchup 'recording'?

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@Kevil wrote:

I know this is an old thread, but for thosse of you who had F1 for 2023, how did it go? I'm contemplating switching from Q to Stream, and like many others i usually watch the races on sunday evening. 
Extra question, if i join a broadcast half-way through, can it be restarted, or do i have to wait for the catchup 'recording'?

There are some people who will tell you it works flawlessly and there are others who will tell you it's a car crash (pun intended). 

Unless you have a rock solid, fast and stable broadband connection (and a lot of patience), Q remains the more reliable service when it comes to watching time-shifted live sports. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Kevil wrote:

I got Sky Stream a couple of months ago so only used it for the last few F1 races of the season. What i learnt from my experience is that add the Live race to your playlist then it did create a "cloud recording" for the session. Several hours after the session the race for instance, the cloud recording would disappear and nothing would be availble on demand for a couple of hours. Not sure, but i assume this is related to when they show the full race rerun on the F1 channel, when they kicks off the cloud recording goes, and then a few hours after the race re-run is finished that gets uploaded to on-demand.

Certainly for the Vegas race that was shown at a wierd hour, i was able to watch the "cloud recording" first thing on the Sunday morning, before they removed the recording prior to the full replay being run.

In terms of watching it slightly delayed. Yes you can "watch from start" on the live stream. However its worth nothing some users have issues with the "watch from start" feature whereby it will suddenly exit your watch from start stream and go straight back to the live channel. Personally i've never experienced this in the couple of months i've have stream but it wouldn't surprise me if the sky stream acted this way if there was a small blip in the internet connection it was receiving, based on some of the other things the Stream does.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Mega+jobby
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mega+jobby This message was authored by: Mega+jobby

I started the thread so my experience for 2023 was...

Very positive with a couple of niggles. I was able to watch the GP when it suited, I was never left waiting. 

However at Zandvoort I missed the end as the timer ran out because there were race delays. The whole event was not recorded which was a shame.

NFL however seems hit and miss. Sundays games recorded, but only one of Monday's which was a bit rubbish.

This message was authored by JasonKH This message was authored by: JasonKH

I had SkyQ for years up untill last December - switched to Now TV with Sports recently to save some cash, have since realised that I cant watch F1 (time shifted) even though I pay for it. I cant always watch it live, but I expected to be able to catch up half way through or later in the evening but its not been possible to do so - now thinking of re-joining Sky with a Steam box but it appears that I wil simply have the same experience, I've watched the highlights of the first 2 races of the season on Channel 4..for free!

Sky really seem to have spoilt the enjoyment of watching F1 in this country.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@JasonKH wrote:

I had SkyQ for years up untill last December - switched to Now TV with Sports recently to save some cash, have since realised that I cant watch F1 (time shifted) even though I pay for it. I cant always watch it live, but I expected to be able to catch up half way through or later in the evening but its not been possible to do so - now thinking of re-joining Sky with a Steam box but it appears that I wil simply have the same experience, I've watched the highlights of the first 2 races of the season on Channel 4..for free!

Sky really seem to have spoilt the enjoyment of watching F1 in this country.

@JasonKH thats incorrect Sky Stream works for F1. You can watch from the start if joining late, you can add the "live" race to your playlist and then access the cloud recording to view it. The cloud recording is available until Sky make the programme available on their catch-up service.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Many thanks for your prompt reply, this has certainly renews my confidence in Sky Stream as a replacement to Now. They are also offering a 30 day trial..an opportunity to really test it.

thanks again 👍

..ok, I now have Sky Stream after being reassured that I was 'incorrect'

ive since taken advice that I need to add the live recording to the playlist (this doesn't add the broadcasted programme to a playlist, it brings the entire F1 programming to the playlist..annoyingly)

so yesterday morning, got up at a normal time to watch the Australian qualifying that was on 4 hours previously to find that it wasn't on the playlist - I could watch the highlights only! (Of which was actually Teds post qualifying Notebook!!)
the same is happening as I type whilst trying to watch the actual race from earlier this morning, or a live recording of it..I can only watch highlights from my playlist!!?

i can't get my head around this at all - all the advice on the help forum suggests that it works and it's great, I'm livid.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@JasonKH wrote:

i can't get my head around this at all - all the advice on the help forum suggests that it works and it's great, I'm livid.

It doesn't work consistently & isn't great. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion