Discussion topic: Sky q/ sky stream

This message was authored by Bratts1 This message was authored by: Bratts1

Sky q/ sky stream

We had sky q however the contract came to an end and were not offered any deals to continue the contract so cancelled.  I took out a new contract in my name however I have been given 2 sky stream pucks, what is the difference between this and sky q and why would I have been given this?..tia 

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sky q/ sky stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Bratts1 

Sky Q is Skys satellite product and stream is their streaming service which is delivered by broadband internet rather than satellite.

https://www.sky.com/tv/stream

It is a completely different system and doesn't record or function in the same was as Q. You don't say how you ordered your new contract but you have either ordered stream online or not understood what the adviser has told you.

Given we are fellow subscribers we can't really tell you why, you would need to call Sky or check what you have ordered on your confirmation email. You have 31 days to cancel Sky stream if this isn't meeting your needs.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bratts1 

As a 'new customer', Sky has sold you their new product.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Bratts1 wrote:

We had sky q however the contract came to an end and were not offered any deals to continue the contract so cancelled.  I took out a new contract in my name however I have been given 2 sky stream pucks, what is the difference between this and sky q and why would I have been given this?..tia 

Are you saying you took out a new contract under a different name OR how long ago did you cancel Sky Q🤔

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion