Discussion topic: Sky puck stuck on software download

This message was authored by Ifu03440 This message was authored by: Ifu03440

Re: Sky puck stuck on software download

It seems to be an issue between sky stream and hyperoptic broadband. I called them tonight and they referenced that others had called with the same issue, also with hyperoptic broadband.

No idea what the technical issue is behind it but there is clearly a connection.

i have four pucks, none working with sky tv but all apps working and broadband fine on other devices. 

This message was authored by jay84edw This message was authored by: jay84edw

Spoiler

so you think thye working on something and it might work ok again tbh i have had issues for ages i come home tech issues with channels all the time and i have to reset but it works most of the time so strange it does that 

This message was authored by Ifu03440 This message was authored by: Ifu03440

I hope they are working on something. I have had issues before too but always been able to resolve them. Nothing is fixing it tonight though. 

This message was authored by QuaysGary This message was authored by: QuaysGary

@Ifu03440  my broadband is also hyperoptic 🙈 I was wondering if it might be something to do with the two options 2.8 or 5 (or whatever it is)

it would be great if they could fix it  - it might stop the constant problems of having to reboot !

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

I am also on Hyperoptic and it seemed slower than usual from changing channels last night and it was staying on black screen for longer

It finally updated today and I have my channels back at least now I know it's an issue and not faulty puck thanks everyone who helped me solve the issue I can now watch the euros ony TV again 👍

Mines gone off again - is anyone else having problems?

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Not as far as I can see. What problems?

@Super+Anthony there is an issue affecting hyperoptic broadband users - the puck connects fine but cannot play any live programs. It seems its quite widespread and sky are aware of it. its being discussed on another thread

Yes mine is now stuck. Which thread sorry?

Yeah mines the same having to watch the euros on my laptop BBC iPlayer 

Do we need to call Sky do you think?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Do we need to call Sky do you think?

If you are with hyperoptic, you need to call them as the issue is on their end.

Who knows what they are doing but apparently the issues was resolved earlier this week once they liased with Sky for assistance but seemingly they have undone whatever they did to previously resolve the problem.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@Super+Anthony  This thread Re: Sky stream not working on multiple pucks

Ive reported it to both sky and hyperoptic. 

I just spoke to a lovely lady at Sky and she mentioned that as you say they have a note on the system from Hyperoptic and they are looking into it. It's all about the puck and hyperoptic talking to one another

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion