Discussion topic: Sky puck remote volume dosent work

This message was authored by Nazife This message was authored by: Nazife

Sky puck remote volume dosent work

Sky puck remote works but the volume button dosent its a month old

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky puck remote volume dosent work

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nazife. You could try a full hard reset of the remote as follows:

With glass/puck turned off at the wall:

Hold 4 & 6 for 10 seconds

Hold 7 & 9 for 10 seconds

Turn on glass/puck & wait for it to reboot & go to homepage

Hold 1 & 3 until it says it is connected (or follow on screen messages)

It that doesn't work try holding the remote at both ends and gently twist it as though you were wringing out a cloth.  As stupid as this sounds it has helped many people including me.

If it is still not working try the following trouble shooting guide: Remote help

Lastly, if still having trouble,  phone Sky and request a replacement remote.  If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote while you wait for a replacement from Sky.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Nazife
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nazife This message was authored by: Nazife

Sorry I did the hard remote start up the remotes the same just the volume buttons and the speaker / sound button dosent work So it looks like I need a new replace.ent
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nazife wrote:
Sorry I did the hard remote start up the remotes the same just the volume buttons and the speaker / sound button dosent work So it looks like I need a new replace.ent

@Nazife Sorry to hear that it didn't help. As you say maybe phone Sky and ask for a replacement.  In the meantime you can use a Sky Q remote if you have one available.

There was a remedy for a dead remote which sounds stupid but in many cases it worked and that was to hold the remote at both ends and gently twist the remote as though you were wringing out a cloth.  As I said this was for a dead remote so may not help with your specific problem but you have nothing to lose so it's worth a try.

I have noticed a number of other posts very similar to yours this evening so I have brought the matter up on the closed forum in the hope Sky can look into the matter.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by SKYE3ABD This message was authored by: SKYE3ABD

I got a replacement remote and still no luck i I have 2 pucks one the remote work find on the TVs but the other one doesn't work 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion