Discussion topic: Sky puck remote not working

This message was authored by Bridges2far This message was authored by: Bridges2far

Sky puck remote not working

Sky puck remote not working

We've tried resetting it by holding 7&9, 4&6, 1&3 and switching off the power. Replaced the batteries. Nothing is working.

any other ideas?

Best Answers
This message was authored by AntInBristol This message was authored by: AntInBristol Answer

Re: Sky puck remote not working

Grip the remote at both ends and give it a good twist as if wringing out a cloth. Keep an eye out for the backlight coming on as it comes to life.

Alternatively try manipulating the battery connection springs to ensure a better connection.

If neither work call Sky and ask for a replacement to be sent. If you have one use a Sky Q remote in the mean time.

Let us know how you get on.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

There are faulty remotes in the market, believe it or not taking the remote long ways in your hand and gently twisting it like wringing out a cloth often works.

Not sure why must be a dodgy connection inside.

Worth a try, other option call Sky for replacement.

This message was authored by AntInBristol This message was authored by: AntInBristol Answer

Grip the remote at both ends and give it a good twist as if wringing out a cloth. Keep an eye out for the backlight coming on as it comes to life.

Alternatively try manipulating the battery connection springs to ensure a better connection.

If neither work call Sky and ask for a replacement to be sent. If you have one use a Sky Q remote in the mean time.

Let us know how you get on.

This message was authored by Carol2023 This message was authored by: Carol2023

Thanks @AntInBristol the towel ringing technique actually worked! ..... I thought this was a stupid prank haha but I'm all up and running! Thank you!

This message was authored by Lee4 This message was authored by: Lee4

Nice 1 mate thought no way will it work but it did but only now I can go in the other room and control my other puck without having to press the relevant numbers ie 79 and 13 so cheers for that 

This message was authored by SeanWM This message was authored by: SeanWM

I thought someone is taking the mickey here, 'twist it like ringing out a towel' - but hey if it's saves me £60 to replace two dead remotes what harm will it do - they're already dead.

Well blow me if it worked! That took me by surprise. 

Shoddy electronics and a dodgy connection somewhere, shouldn't be surprised really.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SeanWM wrote:

I thought someone is taking the mickey here, 'twist it like ringing out a towel' - but hey if it's saves me £60 to replace two dead remotes what harm will it do - they're already dead.

Well blow me if it worked! That took me by surprise. 

Shoddy electronics and a dodgy connection somewhere, shouldn't be surprised really.

Yeah it's solved it for a lot of customers. Bravo to whoever first discovered that "fix"

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion