Discussion topic: Sky puck is just extremely bad

This message was authored by Irenicon This message was authored by: Irenicon

Sky puck is just extremely bad

I know I'm shouting into the ether here as Sky doesn't listen to its customers. I have  Sky stream and an Amazon fire stick. The firestick is far superior for streaming Netflix, iPlayer, Apple+ etc. The Sky puck constantly freezes even though we have 100mb broadband.

It even freezes when showing Sky's own shows. Although curiously it streams the adverts every time. The advert runs, then the screen blanks.

Bad design, bad user experience, bad customer service.

As soon as the contract expires we'll go back to Virgin. I guess the high price was for the good service and you get what you pay for.

Never again.

All Replies

This message was authored by Nica This message was authored by: Nica

Re: Sky puck is just extremely bad

I've been having the same issue why my sky pluck box for over a week every time I try to get through to sky I'm waiting for time and I end up giving up the box is so bad as u start watching something it either jumps or keeps saying program loading or fully gos off it's ridiculous at this point honestly not good at all 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Irenicon I am guessing you have virgin media broadband ? If so, VM has poor latency and high ping rates that doesn't play well with Sky Stream. 

Sky is much better than Virgin media in every aspect. I have both 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Nica This message was authored by: Nica

I don't know I have sky broadband which is also not the best at the moment 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Sky broadband is a Openreach based product, so can very depending on what Openreach provide to your home. 

Take a look at the OFCOM website to assess the complaints made about sky broadband v virgin media. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion