Discussion topic: Sky Stream with live sport

This message was authored by Kenster69 This message was authored by: Kenster69

Sky Stream with live sport

Hi. Renewal time and it looks like I'm going to be paying about £70 for sky Q with the sports channels. However, on the face of it, Sky Stream would save me about £25 per month.

My main concern is over live sports. I know that I cannot record programs on Sky Stream as such, but 

lets take Man U v Fulham which kicks off at 8pm this friday as an example. If i were to switch on at 9pm, would i be able to stream this program from the beginning, fast forward through the boring bits and "catch up" to live tv like I could currently,  or would I only be able to stream from 9pm?

Also, lets say i forgot that the game was on and woke up the next morning. When would the game become available?  Is everything, no matter how obscure going to be availbe, or are there any notable exceptions?

Basically I'm trying to work out what I would lose from my current viewing habits if i were to switch. Any help gratefully received.

K

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky Stream with live sport

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kenster69 wrote:

Hi. Renewal time and it looks like I'm going to be paying about £70 for sky Q with the sports channels. However, on the face of it, Sky Stream would save me about £25 per month.

My main concern is over live sports. I know that I cannot record programs on Sky Stream as such, but 

lets take Man U v Fulham which kicks off at 8pm this friday as an example. If i were to switch on at 9pm, would i be able to stream this program from the beginning, fast forward through the boring bits and "catch up" to live tv like I could currently,  or would I only be able to stream from 9pm?

You can watch from the start. To fast forward the ads/boring bits you would need the ad skipping add-on.

Also, lets say i forgot that the game was on and woke up the next morning. When would the game become available?  Is everything, no matter how obscure going to be availbe, or are there any notable exceptions.

You need to add the content to your playlist. This will then either take a cloud recording or provide a link to the on-demand version (if available) post broadcast.

Clous recordings don't always work (it depends what legal agreements Sky have in place with the broadcaster or rights owner) and of course not everything broadcast is available on-demand either. For some shows broadcast the on-demand rights may be on a paid for service like Disney + or Paramount +.

Basically I'm trying to work out what I would lose from my current viewing habits if i were to switch. Any help gratefully received.

K

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by SkyK1600 This message was authored by: SkyK1600

Re: Sky Stream with live sport

These are the same questions I had. I currently Series Link all of the MotoGP and shows on TNT Sport and sometimes watch them twice 😎. These can be on throughout the night but aren't aren't on Catchup TV. I know the world has moved to streaming, but I just can't seem to move with it?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion