Discussion topic: Sky Stream with existing EE Netflix Basic smart benefit

This message was authored by Robb0 This message was authored by: Robb0

Sky Stream with existing EE Netflix Basic smart benefit

I'm a new sky stream customer and just about to activate it. I currently have Netflix Basic as a Smart Benefit on my mobile EE. This allows me to watch Netflix without any ads.

if I sign into Netflix with Sky Stream will it take over the Basic (which no longer exists), for the Netflix Standard with Ads.

In short - will I start to see ads in Netflix.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding Answer

Re: Sky Stream with existing EE Netflix Basic smart benefit

No you will not, if you are using the same email address with EE and Sky,  Netflix will see the plan without ads (which is now no longer available) as the higher plan and you will stay on the plan you have with EE. I can speak from confidence as I was In a similar position. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Yes ... if you use your current account ... create another Netflix account and link that to your Sky account🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding Answer

No you will not, if you are using the same email address with EE and Sky,  Netflix will see the plan without ads (which is now no longer available) as the higher plan and you will stay on the plan you have with EE. I can speak from confidence as I was In a similar position. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Although, you must not link the Sky and the Netflix accounts?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Although, you must not link the Sky and the Netflix accounts?

I doubt he would be able to due to it being done via EE though I could be wrong. 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Nope you can link the sky and Netflix accounts, as you can link the EE and Netflix same account. I have EE and Sky linked to the same Netflix account. Netflix will take the priority from the higher subscription and show that. I am in this position so can talk from a factual position 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
Robb0
Topic Author

Thanks for the replies. I will try linking with my main Netflix and see what happens then. Worse comes to worse I just change the activiation on my EE benefit to a fresh account. Does it remain 720?

@Robb0 at least you have a plan you are happy with🙂

Exiled in HH
Robb0
Topic Author

Just by way of update - @Jason+Golding  is correct in that there doesn't appear to be ads therefore my basic plan from ee has pulled through. Although with the 4k ui, the 720 looks quite bad now and I'm wondering if 1080 with ads would actually be better . Haha. 

Have you checked you Netflix account to see who the Billing partner is?

Exiled in HH
Robb0
Topic Author

@Exiled-in-HH - it says billed through EE package. Basic HD

If you switch to a Sky service  Sky will takeover that account and you'll have to create a new account for the EE service🤔

Exiled in HH
Robb0
Topic Author

@Exiled-in-HH  not quite sure what you mean. I've logged into Netflix on sky stream using my main Netflix account (with ee basic) . I just selected the £0 with ads option. However it didn't change my sub which still shows as payable by EE. 

If you change to no ads😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Exiled-in-HH Stop confusing the OP. 

OP upgrade to no ads version with EE, its only £3 extra rather than the £6 that sky charge. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion