Discussion topic: Sky Stream really slow starting up

This message was authored by cpchr4 This message was authored by: cpchr4

Sky Stream really slow starting up

I have been using sky stream for a few months now and been very happy with it.... until recently ☹️. It seems to take a long time (10-15 minutes plus, if at all) to "wake up" and get to the start menu. The white light comes on straight away but the home page doesn't appear and the tv stays blank except for a "no HDMI signal received" message. 

After a while, it may start working but a lot of the time this takes ages.. I've tried the recovery process per Sky help but this has made no difference. A Firestick works fine when connected to the same HDMI port.

Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, what was your solution - replacement puck or magic wand? 

Best Answers
cpchr4
Topic Author
This message was authored by cpchr4 This message was authored by: cpchr4 Answer

Re: Sky Stream really slow starting up

Hi. 

Thanks again for your suggestions, @mikealanr and @Fothergill1 . As I mentioned before, I'd tried plugging into another tv with the same negative result. While trying to do this again today, I happened upon a 'spare' hdmi lead and decided to give this a try instead of the lead originally supplied with the puck. 

Guess what?? The signal was received at the tv within a couple of seconds of start up! I've switched on and off a few times since and the problem seems to have been solved.🎉😀 

Thanks again for your consideration. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @cpchr4 

Try going into settings and under startup and stand by turn "Networked standby mode" ON and turn "Overnight power saving" OFF.

A power down at the mains for a few minutes will.also help fix any gremlins.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
cpchr4
Topic Author
This message was authored by cpchr4 This message was authored by: cpchr4

Hi Mikealanr,

Thanks for taking the time to give me your suggestions 🙏. I used them to change the settings last night but have come to switch on the stream puck tonight and found no improvement  - twenty-five minutes in, the white light is on but no signal getting through to tv. 

Unless there are any other suggestions, I guess I'll be sitting on the phone to customer support for my evening's entertainment 🙄.  

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@cpchr4  If you would prefer an online chat rather than phoning Sky post back here and your post can be escalated to the Community Messaging Team.  I'm surprised the suggestions already given and tried did not work as that is the same advice I would have given as well.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
cpchr4
Topic Author
This message was authored by cpchr4 This message was authored by: cpchr4 Answer

Hi. 

Thanks again for your suggestions, @mikealanr and @Fothergill1 . As I mentioned before, I'd tried plugging into another tv with the same negative result. While trying to do this again today, I happened upon a 'spare' hdmi lead and decided to give this a try instead of the lead originally supplied with the puck. 

Guess what?? The signal was received at the tv within a couple of seconds of start up! I've switched on and off a few times since and the problem seems to have been solved.🎉😀 

Thanks again for your consideration. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion