Discussion topic: Sky Stream and Netflix playlist issue!

This message was authored by FFU01 This message was authored by: FFU01

Sky Stream and Netflix playlist issue!

I’ve had Stream since for one year now.- one problem after another sadly but most issues have settled down with time.. That is, apart from adding shows or films that can only be found on Netflix to the playlist.

If I voice search a title that is only available on Netflix, such as Leave The World Behind, or Baby Reinderr or any netflix originals, Sky Stream skips a step and takes me directly to the Netflix page instead of taking me to the tile of the title. This means I can’t add it to playlist. With other titles (on any other streaming service or if it is available on netflix and other services), I’m directed to the tile of the title. This means I can add it to playlist if I want to. I’ve complained about this to sky 5 times so far. Each time I’m told that nobody has ever complained about this issue which tells me it’s being ignored. My only work around is to play the show or film for a few minutes so it appears on the continuing playing rail. From there, I can then add it to playlist. Does anyone else have this issue?

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Sky Stream and Netflix playlist issue!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The Netflix integration is apparently designed to work that way, so its not considered a bug apparently, it's a feature.

However are ways around it to get it to work as shows on other apps do, If you know the actors in the show you can do a search for the actors, alternatively if you do a voice search but say "search for [show]" it will do the search for the show and allow you to playlist rather than immediately opening the Netflix app to play the show.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

The Netflix integration is apparently designed to work that way, so its not considered a bug apparently, it's a feature.

However are ways around it to get it to work as shows on other apps do, If you know the actors in the show you can do a search for the actors, alternatively if you do a voice search but say "search for [show]" it will do the search for the show and allow you to playlist rather than immediately opening the Netflix app to play the show.

NOT a Sky Employee

FFU01
Topic Author
This message was authored by FFU01 This message was authored by: FFU01

Amazing!! Just tried your suggestion of adding the phrase 'search for' before the title and it worked!! After a year of searching for an answer, I finally have one, so thank you!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Glad it helped - took me a bit of experimentation to find that work around.

I believe Netflix shows work this way in a bid to try and get customers directly to the Netflix shows quicker, but when the concept of the streaming platform is about searching shows and adding them into your playlist it, this is just a really stupid feature in it current form.

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion