Discussion topic: Sky Stream and Netflix deal login issues

This message was authored by Vee7 This message was authored by: Vee7

Sky Stream and Netflix deal login issues

Hi. Have signed up to 18 month Sky Stream and Netflix £19 deal. (I do not have Sky broadband) Puck arrived and I've setup Sky successfully. Tried to connect to Netflix through the Puck remote, loads Netflix main page OK but if I select anything it wants me to login or join. I'm not already a Netflix account holder so presume I have to "join", even though I've used the Sky Puck remote to get to this point. When I try to "join" I get a message saying its unable to process my request, please try later.... Any ideas?? I have tried later and reloaded Netflix but it won't let me in! Any guidance welcome 

All Replies

This message was authored by Newbury7 This message was authored by: Newbury7

Re: Sky Stream and Netflix deal login issues

I also have this issue. I have tried every fix I can find on the web but still no luck. I assume its to do with the app being out of date or my username being a problem.

I have never had a Netflix account and one of the things you have to do is have an account, set that up on my phone but didnt go past the payment stage and then tried those details but got the same outcome. I am going to set up a new account with a different email and see what happens. If that doesnt work, Sky can have the puck back I think! 

Vee7
Topic Author
This message was authored by Vee7 This message was authored by: Vee7

Thank you for that response @Newbury7 @. I had an hour long call with Sky tech support last night, they passed me on to Customer Support who say my account is "pre-active", which apparently means not active. They told me to contact Tech Support again today, which I have. Problems remains. It's been escalated to higher level Tech and I'm due a callback on Wednesday. We think the issue is that my "pre-active" flag on my Sky account needs switching to "Active". If you look on your own My Sky info you might be able to see if its the same problem. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Newbury7 wrote:

I have never had a Netflix account and one of the things you have to do is have an account, set that up on my phone but didnt go past the payment stage and then tried those details but got the same outcome.

Where there's no existing Netflix account it may be more viable to set one up on the Glass television / Stream puck rather than a non-Sky device.  This does require an email address which has never been associated with a Netflix account.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Newbury7 This message was authored by: Newbury7

Thanks Vee, I think we are in the same boat. Let me know how you get on on Wednesday. There is a disclaimer on the page saying if the account isn't activated within 14 days, charging will commence etc, that might force it out of the pre activation status. I will find some time this week to ring them

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion