Discussion topic: Sky Stream Remote - TV No Longer Supported

This message was authored by person2 This message was authored by: person2

Sky Stream Remote - TV No Longer Supported

When I turned on my Sky Stream yesterday, it, for some reason, asked me to pair my remote again. I paired the remote and then went through the steps to get it to control my TV volume/mute/power but it failed and said my TV was not supported.  For reference I have always been able to control the TV using my Sky Stream, up until now that is.

I have rebooted the box a few times and changed the batteries on the remote.  I have been through the steps of pressing 7&9, 4&6 and 1&3 a few times and have been through all of the attempts for the box to find the right setting. I have also tried manually searching for the TV model (Sony KDL-40EX503) but it can't find it.

Have they deliberately stopped supporting my Sony TV?  Or is there something else I should be trying?  Or should I just accept that it's one in the long list of annoyances that comes with being a Sky Stream owner?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam Answer

Re: Sky Stream Remote - TV No Longer Supported

@JP371 

Have you tried ignoring the model number of your TV and tried some of the other Sony TV codes? Usually one of the other model numbers on the database will have the same infra red volume control ID.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @person2 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @person2 and resolved issue.

Thanks again for the escalation have a great day 🙂

This message was authored by Lizzy+T This message was authored by: Lizzy+T

My Sky Stream remote control has suddenly stopped supporting my Sony TV.  

I turned on my TV and it asked me to pair the remote control.  It paired but will not turned the TV on or off, change volume or mute TV.

IMG_4521.jpeg

This message was authored by JP371 This message was authored by: JP371

I have the same issue, can you detail how to resolve?

thanks

This message was authored by Lynkim This message was authored by: Lynkim

I have the same issues with Samsung tv. Please resolve 

This message was authored by greg0333 This message was authored by: greg0333

I have the same exact issue with my Sony  Bravia TV, the Sky Stream remote has stopped controlling the volume.  What is the solution, please?

This message was authored by VickyClark This message was authored by: VickyClark

I have a sky Glass remote and Bose soundbar 300 which both stopped working this week with Sky Glass. What is the solution please to fix this? 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I have the same issue now with my TV! Was there any resolution for this?

I have the SONY KDL-48W653 

I do not think there is a solution, I spoke to Sky last week and they couldnt find a solution, they just tried getting me to re-connect the controller by holding down buttons 1 & 3 and then going through the setup steps, but when I do this I cannot find my TV model number which would be an indiciation they no longer support my TV. My Model number is KD-55XE8596.  I tried searching with the KD, without the KD and other varients but my model number just wouldnt display.  Sky did say I could try a factory reset of the box but in truth I couldnt be bothered as would have to setup all the apps again etc so thats the only thing I havent tried yet.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam Answer

@JP371 

Have you tried ignoring the model number of your TV and tried some of the other Sony TV codes? Usually one of the other model numbers on the database will have the same infra red volume control ID.

@Padam_Padam No I hadnt tried that, so I just did and it worked!! I selected Sony as a brand and just typed 'X' and an XBR model came up, I selected the first one on the list and it worked! 

Thanks for your support, really appreciate it, hopefully this will help some others too! 

This message was authored by VickyClark This message was authored by: VickyClark

Amazing..!!!! Both TV and Soundbar now working...!!! Thank you so much..!! 

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@JP371 @VickyClark 

Excellent news! Glad it's now working for you. 

This message was authored by MartinMedforth This message was authored by: MartinMedforth

This just happened with our Panasonic ... how do I select by model or manufacturer 

It did previously work so this is really frustrating ... suspect the stream box has been updated causing the problem

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion