Discussion topic: Sky Stream Overnight?

This message was authored by Thomas38 This message was authored by: Thomas38

Sky Stream Overnight?

Hello, 

I have recently recieved my Sky Stream Puck. Will I be able to leave this on overnight for background noise? I've heard mixed messages that it will automatically cut out. 

Could anyone please advise on this or any settings to prevent the puck switching off? 

Thank you! 

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Sky Stream Overnight?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Unfortunately not.

The puck will auto turn itself off due to inactivity when the remote hasn't been picked up after a while.

This is apparently due to EU regulations on power saving requirements.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Unfortunately not.

The puck will auto turn itself off due to inactivity when the remote hasn't been picked up after a while.

This is apparently due to EU regulations on power saving requirements.

NOT a Sky Employee

Thomas38
Topic Author
This message was authored by Thomas38 This message was authored by: Thomas38

Thanks for the help! 

So it will still happen regardless of the "Overnight Power Saving" and "Sleep Timer"? I've checked both of these to OFF. Bit of a pointless setting if they don't work. 

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

@Thomas38 It's an EU directive that was adopted by the UK so there has to be a power save mode by law. If you're watching something, you'll get a prompt to lift the remote every couple of hours and you can't turn that off unfortunately.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Nigelb1972 wrote:

@Thomas38 It's an EU directive that was adopted by the UK so there has to be a power save mode by law. If you're watching something, you'll get a prompt to lift the remote every couple of hours and you can't turn that off unfortunately.

And if you just have it on the Home Screen or paused that auto turn off kicks in after 10 minutes if you don't pick up the remote.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Thomas38 As others have said it won't work for your background noise scenario. When I first got Sky Glass I used to leave it on when we went out to give some background noise for the dogs but frequently It had switched off by the time we got back home.

As you have a Stream puck connected to a TV you can just turn it off and leave the TV on for the background noise you require.  This is what I now do when we go out.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Dc261 This message was authored by: Dc261

Go to settings then start up and standby turn off overnight power saving and turn off sleep timer, this should help

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion