Discussion topic: Sky Steam - Brand New User

This message was authored by bigsnitch2 This message was authored by: bigsnitch2

Sky Steam - Brand New User

Hi everyone, I'm a total Sky Stream newbie so I'm hoping you can help. 

I received my Sky Stream pack yesterday - the box itself (puck???), an HDMI cable, remote control and power cable. 

I'm not the most confident person with new tech so I'm looking for a bit of reassurance about setting it up. Are there any videos online that I can watch to see how it's all connected?

I assume that all I need to do initially is plug the HDMI cable into the box at one end and into the TV at the other end, followed by the power cable.

With the package I've signed up to, I get Netflix - I've not used Netflix before so will I need to set up a Netflix account first or will I be prompted to do it by the Sky Stream system?

I'm sure I'm going to have more questions later, but I'll see if I can get the system set up first.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Sky Steam - Brand New User

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bigsnitch2 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/setting-up-sky-stream 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bigsnitch2 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/setting-up-sky-stream 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
bigsnitch2
Topic Author
This message was authored by bigsnitch2 This message was authored by: bigsnitch2

@TimmyBGood 

Thank you very much for that link, I'm sure it'll be just what I need when I get around to connecting the system. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion