Discussion topic: Sky Puk at temporary address!

This message was authored by JeffreyC This message was authored by: JeffreyC

Sky Puk at temporary address!

I will be travelling around the UK in our motorhome for approximately  3 weeks.

In effect this will be temporary residence, and our main residence will be empty.

Can I take my Sky Puk and use it with my motorhome wifi ?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Sky Puk at temporary address!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JeffreyC As explained Sky dont allow this the contract states that the units can only be used at the customer's "residential address". As a campervan owner myself I am also affected. This is something I and others have raised with Sky so far without success. There are a number of other out dated terms of contract including the bar on multiple accounts at one postal address which hits many homes with multiple generations living there  etc. which need to be reviewed if Sky want as they claim to attract more younger customers. 

While I doubt Sky will do anything more than to write to you if you took a puck with you in the UK it is I repeat against the contract. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@JeffreyC wrote:

I will be travelling around the UK in our motorhome for approximately  3 weeks.

In effect this will be temporary residence, and our main residence will be empty.

Can I take my Sky Puk and use it with my motorhome wifi ?

@JeffreyC the pucks should only be used at the address they are registered to 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
JeffreyC
Topic Author

So should I change my address to my motorhome ?

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @JeffreyC 

Sky will not permit this. The address needs a postcode. However the use of Sky Go would be allowed.

See: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/use-of-streaming-tv-subscription-outside-your-address

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
JeffreyC
Topic Author

Technically I guess I could change my address everything we stop at a campsite

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @JeffreyC 

Sky only permit one Sky account per address so if there is already an account there it won't work. The only permitted use is via Sky Go. As per the terms and conditions of service YOU agreed to when taking out your subscription.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@JeffreyC wrote:

Technically I guess I could change my address everything we stop at a campsite

Not adviseable. 

Remember that a Stream puck needs fast and stable broadband to function with any reliability so if you don't get that in your motorhome then it would be pointless taking it anyway. 

You're much better off just using Sky Go. If you have a Whole Home sub and an Apple TV 4K box you can take that and use it without breaking any t's and c's. 

Alternatively, why not do without TV for a few days. It's actually quite nice not looking at a screen when you're on holiday. There's an actual real world out there with proper human beings and nice scenery and everything. They have these things called books too which you can open and read. It's quite relaxing. 

Happy motor-homing! Have an exellent time whatever you decide to do. 😁

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Get a Roku or FIRE device ... they can access far more apps and even NOWTV if you want access to Sky's subscription channels😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@JeffreyC As explained Sky dont allow this the contract states that the units can only be used at the customer's "residential address". As a campervan owner myself I am also affected. This is something I and others have raised with Sky so far without success. There are a number of other out dated terms of contract including the bar on multiple accounts at one postal address which hits many homes with multiple generations living there  etc. which need to be reviewed if Sky want as they claim to attract more younger customers. 

While I doubt Sky will do anything more than to write to you if you took a puck with you in the UK it is I repeat against the contract. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion