Discussion topic: New sky remote control white tab partly stuck inside and cant get the back cover off!!!

This message was authored by Deemo1 This message was authored by: Deemo1

New sky remote control white tab partly stuck inside and cant get the back cover off!!!

tried to pull the white tab from new remote control but it ripped and some is still inside. cant get the remote cover off!!! Help

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: New sky remote control white tab partly stuck inside and cant get the back cover off!!!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Deemo1 

The Sky suggestion is this:

1000002797.jpg

I don't think they mean prayer is involved, but that's always an option.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: New sky remote control white tab partly stuck inside and cant get the back cover off!!!

@Deemo1 

The Sky suggestion is this:

1000002797.jpg

I don't think they mean prayer is involved, but that's always an option.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Deemo1 Removing the back of the remote can be a problem the first couple of times as it it very stiff. 

I find holding the remote at both ends with the buttons down and my thumbs on top and then applying pressure and pushing with one thumb and pulling with the other in the direction of the arrow is sufficient to remove the cover. Note the back only moves a few millimetres and can then be lifted off. 

A number of people have found that wearing rubber kitchen gloves helps to give more purchase on the plastic components.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by martswain This message was authored by: martswain

Get those Marigolds on, it works for me !

Deemo1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Deemo1 This message was authored by: Deemo1

Perfect!!! Thanks..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion