Discussion topic: Sky Puk Doesn’t work

This message was authored by Terrie82 This message was authored by: Terrie82

Sky Puk Doesn’t work

Hello I've had a sky puk for a couple of weeks now and it doesn't work. I have had no TV since getting this. It works for 10 mins then goes off, either black screen " please wait while your programme is loading" or " there is a technical issue please try again later" or it just freezes. I have tried all trouble shooting ideas, I have plugged the puk directly into the router. I have tried disconnecting other things from the router. I have tried everything. It doesn't work. So unless any one has any ideas on getting this thing working is there a way I can swap it for SKY Q? Thank you 

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Sky Puk Doesn’t work

@Terrie82 wrote:

Hello I've had a sky puk for a couple of weeks now and it doesn't work. I have had no TV since getting this. It works for 10 mins then goes off, either black screen " please wait while your programme is loading" or " there is a technical issue please try again later" or it just freezes. I have tried all trouble shooting ideas, I have plugged the puk directly into the router. I have tried disconnecting other things from the router. I have tried everything. It doesn't work. So unless any one has any ideas on getting this thing working is there a way I can swap it for SKY Q? Thank you 

What broadband speed is being received by the puck? Run the network check from the puck's Netflix app, under the get help menu. This will tell you if sufficient speed is being received. 

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sky Puk Doesn’t work

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Terrie82 

This sounds like it could be your broadband speed. Who is your ISP and what speeds do you recieve? When you plugged it in via ethernet, did you turn WiFi off in the network settings on the puck?

In order to go to Sky Q, you will need to call Sky as we are fellow subscribers, however you cannot have two Sky TV services at an address at the same time. They will need to terminate you stream account and set up a Q account and arrange an install appointment, you will be without service during this time.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion