Discussion topic: Sky Go, Sky Sream and Ad Skipping

This message was authored by MJK4331 This message was authored by: MJK4331

Sky Go, Sky Sream and Ad Skipping

Is what I am experiencing how Ad Skipping is meant to work ? 

New to Sky, I thought I'd try Game of Thrones on Sky Atlantic. The Ad Skipping experince is inconsistent. 

If I stream on the tv, the ads are there but I am able to fast forward through them.

If I download to my iPad using Sky Go and watch the download, there are no ads in the download, just a second or two of the title screen where ads would have been

But if I stream to my iPad using Sky Go, the ads are there and cannot be fast-forwarded. 

If this is how it is meant to work, it is inconvenient as that means anything I want to watch on the iPad (in the gym) has to be downloaded and watched wihin 48 hours, which may not be possible

Is this how it works ?

Or have I done something wrong or am I missing a fix ?

Thank you again !

Best Answers
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972 Answer

Re: Sky Go, Sky Sream and Ad Skipping

That's how it works as Sky Go is independent to Sky Stream but you are given access as part of your package 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972 Answer

That's how it works as Sky Go is independent to Sky Stream but you are given access as part of your package 

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MJK4331 

See https://www.sky.com/help/articles/ad-skipping-sky-glass

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
MJK4331
Topic Author
This message was authored by MJK4331 This message was authored by: MJK4331

Thank you both

The linked article describes fast forwarding on the tv, which is fine. 

Is there any way to fast forward on the iPad when streaming ? Touching the screen during an ad proves unhelpful. 

Again thanks 

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@MJK4331 wrote:

Thank you both

The linked article describes fast forwarding on the tv, which is fine. 

Is there any way to fast forward on the iPad when streaming ? Touching the screen during an ad proves unhelpful. 

Again thanks 

Ad skipping only applies to Sky Stream and Sky Glass, not Sky Go. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion