Discussion topic: Sky Glass & Sky Puk BBC TV shows on playlist

This message was authored by Michellespel This message was authored by: Michellespel

Sky Glass & Sky Puk BBC TV shows on playlist

Hi,

Ive added The Tourist and The Traitors to playlist.

both are BBC TV shows

both showing up on playlist, neither can be watched.

Other non BBC shows are playable on playlist 

SKY Ireland is there now an issue with BBC tv shows?

All Replies

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: Sky Glass & Sky Puk BBC TV shows on playlist

Are you  setup to watch bbc I player , have you setup your bbc player account 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Due to various licensing restrictions not all BBC content is available on demand outside the UK.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Michellespel wrote:

Ive added The Tourist and The Traitors to playlist.

SKY Ireland is there now an issue with BBC tv shows?

I'd imagine that's the kind of content which the Beeb (and the UK Government) would prefer to be selling rather than giving away to non-licence-fee payers.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Michellespel
Topic Author
This message was authored by Michellespel This message was authored by: Michellespel

Yes but before i switched to Glass TV ie  with a Sony TV and Sky Q box and the ability to press the red record button I could record BBC TV shows 

now with SKY Glass tv and 'Playlist' option no record button I can't watch BNC shows even though it says 'series added'

it has to be an issue with Glass, the same way there was an issue with accessing Sky Store and it took them 2 months to sort out.

Michellespel
Topic Author

Yes but before i switched to Glass TV ie  with a Sony TV and Sky Q box and the ability to press the red record button I could record BBC TV shows 

now with SKY Glass tv and 'Playlist' option no record button I can't watch BNC shows even though it says 'series added'

it has to be an issue with Glass, the same way there was an issue with accessing Sky Store and it took them 2 months to sort out.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

It's the way streaming works. There is no record functionality and everything is provided by the on-demand streaming services provided by the broadcasters.

Ultimately this does mean  that in Ireland certain shows will be restricted from on demand broadcast due to licensing restrictions.

if you search this forum you will see examples of things like MOTD not being available via on-demand in Ireland

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Does iPlayer work on Sky Streamind for any programme in Ireland, isn't iPlayer a UK only service🤔

Using a PVR to record a programme you are paying for via a subscription DSat service, isn't the same as trying to watch a programme on a region stricted streaming service😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@MarkGoldsmith 

Republic of Ireland

Sky Glass/Sky Stream

Match of the day on demand versions in regards to premier league games are available to view  for 7 days since August 12th 2023 in Republic of Ireland

The on demand versions are made available following day after each broadcast

Saturday night broadcasts on demand made available on Sunday (after Sunday morning repeat broadcast)

Sunday night broadcasts on demand version made available on Monday 

There  can be a delay of a few days sometimes when BBC upload to Sky Ireland server

Some weeks you will see no match of the day on demand versions available due to no premier league matches playing the following weekend

Does not apply to UK International football or FA cup as broadcast rights are with different provider in Republic

BBC not allowed provide on demand versions due to Premier Sports having the rights 

Republic of Ireland only 

FA Cup broadcast rights is with Premier Sports

Sports Extra Subscription in Ireland is (TNT Sports and Premier Sports) 

UK teams International football matches are broadcast on Premier Sports 

Republic of Ireland team matches are on RTÉ Channel and Premier Sports 

Can be added to playlist to record

I have recorded all the FA cup matches that was broadcast on premier sports

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@peter-marlow+1966 

BBC iPlayer is UK only 

Sky Ireland is for customers based in Republic of Ireland only

Customers based in Northern Ireland get supply of services from Sky UK

@Michellespel 

The Tourist Season 2 will eventually be broadcast on RTÉ

In regards to season 2 date when on RTÉ is TBC

If you was not aware

Season 1 starts on RTÉ 2 on Thursday January 11 at 23.05

BBC on demand content will vary when made available in Ireland and is only a limited amount of content and what is provided often gets removed after a few days/weeks

BBC on demand content can be a delay of a few days/weeks before made available and some content is removed after 30 days or after 7 days  and some content will not be made available as on demand.

Note

It's BBC who decide not Sky Ireland what on demand content is made available for Republic of Ireland in regards to Sky Glass/Sky Stream

In regards to BBC channels on Sky Glass/Sky Stream

You will have to watch live instead for most content

Adding to playlist will not have playback if the broadcast is not listed in the BBC on demand section in TV shows 

BBC are very selective in regards to what content is made available as on demand

BBC on demand

Go to Home Screen 

Click TV Shows 

With remote scroll to the BBC tile

Click BBC

That is where you will see what on demand content BBC provide in regards to Republic of Ireland

You will need to check this every few days/weeks to see if new content made available or has been removed 

Some BBC content is made available with Alibi/Gold/UKTV play channels and RTÉ

On Demand is in TV Shows 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

So Ireland doesn't have access to BBC iPlayer on Sky Streaming... just some BBC iPlayer content is made available to Sky Ireland?

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion