Discussion topic: Shows not listed on Home Screen?

This message was authored by theskyisblue15 This message was authored by: theskyisblue15

Shows not listed on Home Screen?

We've just had Stream set up today and started added shows into playlists etc but the only thing showing in Continue Watching is 1 movie from Netflix. Does it take time to work?

I see it's been a bit of an issue for a while but is this really how it is?

If it doesn't work then I'll just send it all back

Also does the progress of shows etc sync over to Sky Go on an iPad?

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Shows not listed on Home Screen?

@theskyisblue15 

Continue watching has always been and still remains quite flaky. It's usefulness varies between channels but it's not very reliable. 
Unfortunately there's no link to Sky Go either. 

theskyisblue15
Topic Author
This message was authored by theskyisblue15 This message was authored by: theskyisblue15

It shouldn't surprise me I guess.

I'll be cancelling in the morning then - it's unusable!

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@theskyisblue15 

Continue watching on home screen is for content you started to watch but not completed viewing 

It will remain in continue watching until you completed viewing to end 

If it's a series you started to watch  the next episode will show up in continue watching after you finished viewing the previous episode.

Items you add to playlist is content you want to record or on demand content you added to watch later

Items  you add to playlist will not show up in continue watching if you not actually started playback yet.

Continue watching and Playlist are different from each other

You can have content in continue watching you not added to playlist as in a broadcast you clicked watch from start but not finished viewing to end or a film from netflix you started to watch etc but not completed viewing to end.

If you added something to playlist

Goto playlist and then click play if you want to view that content.

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@theskyisblue15 it is up to you but you have 31 days to try the system out without risk so rather than throwing the towel in after less than 24 hours why not give it a proper trial?

There are a number of help videos explaing how the system works just scroll down to the rail above the Settings.

As pointed out the system will add things to the continue watching rail as you start to watch items. My list currently offers me the next episode of the box set I watched yesterday, the next in a series we started watching on Prime but will probably not bother with unlike @SlenderRobert I find it a useful shortcut to pick up where we left off, others use Playlist or even simply voice search for what they want to watch.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
theskyisblue15
Topic Author

Thanks for the replies - I came into this with some knowledge of what each 'feature' should do (ie Continue Watching, Playlist etc) but my CW rail only had 1 item on it from Netflix, despite us actually watching content yesterday from various channels/apps. It's just not picking anything up.

However, the new season of FBI dropped this morning so I thought I'd give it a test - I started to play it, stopped it at about 5 seconds in then went to the Home screen and there it is in CW.

I tried another show, did the same thing and that doesn't show in CW.

I'm more than prepared to give it a trial but if it doesn't "just work" then I don't see it lasting. I can't be expected to remember where I'm at with every single show/movie I'm watching, especially when other platforms do it instantly.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@theskyisblue15 wrote:

Thanks for the replies - I came into this with some knowledge of what each 'feature' should do (ie Continue Watching, Playlist etc) but my CW rail only had 1 item on it from Netflix, despite us actually watching content yesterday from various channels/apps. It's just not picking anything up.

However, the new season of FBI dropped this morning so I thought I'd give it a test - I started to play it, stopped it at about 5 seconds in then went to the Home screen and there it is in CW.

I tried another show, did the same thing and that doesn't show in CW.

I'm more than prepared to give it a trial but if it doesn't "just work" then I don't see it lasting. I can't be expected to remember where I'm at with every single show/movie I'm watching, especially when other platforms do it instantly.

This is exactly my experience of CW. Flaky. Which is why I don't rely on it. If it's a feature that's important to you then Sky Stream is perhaps not ideal, but as you say, that's what the trial is for, to find out whether it suits your needs. 

Its functionality is absolutely fine for some people and disastrous for others. The only way to know is to try it. 

Personally I think it's still over-priced as a service in its current form. I only keep it around, as I've mentioned elsewhere, because when I tried to cancel it they offered me half price for 9 months. For that price I'm happy to keep it, but I certainly won't pay any more for it. 

theskyisblue15
Topic Author

Seems like it's warming up... things are now showing pretty much instantly into CW with the exception of Disney+ content which refuses to show at all.

I'll give it a week or so and see if it gets any better but this is a pretty poor user experience from the off

@theskyisblue15 wrote:

Seems like it's warming up... things are now showing pretty much instantly into CW with the exception of Disney+ content which refuses to show at all.

I'll give it a week or so and see if it gets any better but this is a pretty poor user experience from the off

You'll either grow to like it and not notice the glitches as much or (like my family) gravitate away from it over time and use other faster devices to access the same content. 

theskyisblue15
Topic Author

Just spoken to Sky about this and got the usual "we're aware of it and are fixing it but don't know when"...

Still no Disney+ content showing, and now some shows are showing as I haven't started them even though in the episode page it says 'Continue' on the button and has a progress bar. Netflix works like a dream

I can get shows as CW in Sky Go but no link back to the box (which they said should be working but is probably linked to the ongoing CW issue) - can't see how though as non-Sky shows don't appear in the app when searching for them

They've given me £30 credit and extended my cooling off period until the CW issue is fixed meaning I'm risk free all the time this doesn't work.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@SlenderRobert I find that the CW rail tends to work fine and is a quick way of picking up where you left off watching a programme.

My BIG gripe with the CW rail is there not being any way to remove items you don't wish to continue watching.  It drives me mad ...... 😫

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@SlenderRobert I find that the CW rail tends to work fine and is a quick way of picking up where you left off watching a programme.

My BIG gripe with the CW rail is there not being any way to remove items you don't wish to continue watching.  It drives me mad ...... 😫

That's one of the things that the Apple TV box does beautifully simply. Hold down the select button on the item in the Up Next rail, select 'Remove from Up Next'... and it's gone. Works every time... 😁 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@theskyisblue15 Like you I have never had any Disney + programmes showing in the CW rail which is a shame as we watch a lot of content from D+.  We have found that if we open the D+ app playing the next episode of a series is straightforward though  😀

@SlenderRobert I have an ATV and fully agree.  Sometimes I'm tempted to follow the lead of some other forum members and move to the ATV altogether.  The one drawback is the fiddly remote.

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@SlenderRobert I have an ATV and fully agree.  Sometimes I'm tempted to follow the lead of some other forum members and move to the ATV altogether.  The one drawback is the fiddly remote.

We find the remote to be superb, and one of the best things about it. Fewer buttons, simpler navigation and voice control which actually understands our voices! 

I have my Harmony Elite hub and remote programmed to control it too but I always end up reaching for the Apple remote instead as it's so tactile. 

@SlenderRobert I agree, the voice control is far superior to the Glass/stream remote. My problem is with the small track pad button in the centre.  It's fine to get where you want fairly quickly but when I press it it tends to move so I click the wrong thing.  I haven't done any research but there might be a way to make it less sensitive or maybe even turn it off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion