Discussion topic: Setting up Sky Stream

This message was authored by Newuser22 This message was authored by: Newuser22

Setting up Sky Stream

Just received my sky stream in the post and gone to set up. All cables are in correctly and not loose. The device 'loads' up, I get a black screen with 'sky' appear and then 10 seconds later the screen goes blue. No such 'menu' or 'set up' or anything to that matter displays on screen.   I have tried every possible solution I could find online, unplugging, restarting etc but nothing works. Without initially being able to set up means I cannot set up the control either. A few of the troubleshooting problems suggest using the controler, but without being able to set that up in the first place I'm completely lost! I just want to enjoy some shows haha 

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Setting up Sky Stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Newuser22 

Switch the Stream off at the socket, wait a min then back on. 

Now leave it for a few mins then press the power button under the Stream which should turn  it on, do you now see the setup screen?

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
Newuser22
Topic Author
This message was authored by Newuser22 This message was authored by: Newuser22

Thank you for responding! 

I have followed your steps but still no success. After switching off the mains, I waited a minute and the same thing happens. The black sky screen appears and then straight away a blue screen. The light on the sky stream was flashing on and off and then eventually turned off. I tried clicking the power button underneath but nothing happened!  

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Newuser22 

I've escalated this to Sky who will invite you to chat and troubleshoot. Below is a link about how it works - please look out for the chat bubble 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent Newuser22 an invite.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken to @Newuser22, after a few checks, they have had to call our Glass Tier 2 Team 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion