Discussion topic: Samsung TV - Sky Stream remote won't control it...:(

This message was authored by G-Dogg This message was authored by: G-Dogg

Samsung TV - Sky Stream remote won't control it...:(

Hi All, I recently bought a new TV for the bedroom. It is a Samsung T5300 (Full model code: UE32T5300CEXXU). I go to set up the remote, but after going through all the 21 options and the 8 Samsung specific options it says that my TV can't be found and I will have to use the TV remote... 

I am struggling to believe that a fairly basic Samsung TV that isn't even a very new model won't work with the Sky Stream remote?! 

I have even been sent a new replacement Stream remote by Sky and that doesn't work either... 

I have tried the usual 7 and 9 then 1 and 3 button reset and reconnections, but still no joy... 

Any assistance or ideas would be appreciatted. Thanks! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Re: Samsung TV - Sky Stream remote won't control it...:(

Try a long press on the Sky Stream Remote. We have a Samsung in the living room and a short press turns off the Puck and a long press will turn off the Puck and then the TV..

G-Dogg
Topic Author

Thanks. Yes, I have tried that but sadly it doesn't control the volume or the power. 

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Have you enabled CEC on the HDMI input? 

The Puck remote does play nicely with Samsung TV's.

G-Dogg
Topic Author

Good question.... I haven't! I will check that setting. Thanks. 

G-Dogg
Topic Author

Hi. I checked that CEC was enabled, which it was. Sadly still the same issue when trying to set up the remote to control the TV. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion