Discussion topic: Removing features

This message was authored by P11RAR This message was authored by: P11RAR

Removing features

Hello everyone. Recently switched over to stream as it was going to be less money. When on the phone the advisor said they couldn't remove certain features I had with Q, and now it seems UHD and Dolby Atmos are on there even though I told them I didn't want it. They told me once I activate the pucks I can go on My Sky and remove what I don't want anymore, but when I go to click "Manage Content Packs" or "Manage home-setup" it doesn't do anything and shows a circle with a line through it. The top of the page says "Your Sky order is coming soon" - but we already have it on?

I'm still within the 31 day cool-off period. Will the system update itself? Calling Sky was a disaster to get this ordered and I'd perfer to not get back on the phone to them again if I can avoid it.

Cheers

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Removing features

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @P11RAR 

It doesn't sound like the order has completed somewhere, but after 31 days so should be able to add or remove via the app fairly easily, unless you have been contracted into a pack. E.g. sports for £x amount for 18 months. 

Also check th  website rather than the app, just to rule out an app specific issue. You should also be able to change features like this via web chat too.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
P11RAR
Topic Author
This message was authored by P11RAR This message was authored by: P11RAR

Re: Removing features

@mikealanr thank you. So I can't change anything until after the cooling off period?

I'm not aware of being contracted to those packs. The rep on the phone said I could go online and remove them once all activated. I tried via the Sky site and had the issues mentioned above. I'll give them another call during the week and get the jist again. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion