Discussion topic: Regrets with sky stream

This message was authored by Ralph1970 This message was authored by: Ralph1970

Regrets with sky stream

Well had sky glass for a 4 months  now I upgraded from sky q  and today I have had my first regret, as an avid formula 1 follower I came across the £15 per month deal but was told by sky it's for sky q customers only I will have to subscribe to the full sports package which I do not need so basically sky glass/ stream is a serious downgrade not an upgrade , get your act together sky this is an inferior product by far.

Paul Norman 

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Regrets with sky stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ralph1970 wrote:

downgrade not an upgrade 

Actually it's neither or upgrade or a downgrade it's a completely different product and platform which has its advantages and disadvantages over the satellite based platform.

I'm not surprised the streaming platform doesn't offer sports in this way as it's probably a much more profitable model selling an all or nothing sports package so could be why that tact was taken when the platform was launched.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Ralph1970 

There are deals to be had with Glass / Stream if you are willing to tie into a contract. I am paying the same price (£15) for the whole of Sky sports on Glass.

But as @MarkGoldsmith has highlighted Glass / Stream are different propositions and not a direct 'upgrade'.

Sky do publish the package structure online: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-faqs

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-stream-faqs

Where it states Sky Sports (Compete Pack)

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Ralph1970
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ralph1970 This message was authored by: Ralph1970

I can definitely see where your coming from but unfortunately I am already tied in contract so that's not an option, I love the concept but can definitely see the downside now so will look for alternative ways to watch it, must do my homework next time 🙄

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Coming from BT TV, Stream is a breath of fresh air. Yes, it's more expensive but it's worth it. At this time, I wouldn't even go to Sky Q... But we also watch football on Sky Sports and F1 so for me, it's a good value. I pay £19 for all Sky Sports..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion