Discussion topic: Puck delivery problems

This message was authored by Helgis This message was authored by: Helgis

Puck delivery problems

My puck was supposed to be delivered last week. I changed the Friday PM and took the afternoon off work. The delivery guy didn't ring my doorbell, posted a "I tried to deliver notice" and just left. Contacted delivery company to complain who said I would have to wait to Monday (take another day off work!). After 30 minutes of complaining they said they would upgrade my delivery option to the weekend for free and that it would be delivered today (Saturday). This morning I receive a message saying "there's been a problem with your delivery and we will now deliver on Monday! Their chats/contacts all say they can't help at the moment. Any ideas? Thinking of cancelling my order if can't get it sorted.

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Puck delivery problems

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Helgis wrote:

@GD1 Don't really know what the difference is but I think it is the puck that I am waiting on. That's the one I can't have delivered somewhere else for pickup?

Afraid not, it can't be collected or left anywhere other than the registered address.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-stream/delivery-and-returns-sky-stream/delivery-sky-stre...

If you've missed your delivery, you can reschedule it through the DPD website.

We’ll try to deliver your items up to three times. If we miss you a third time, your order will be returned to us and cancelled.

Items can't be left in a safe space, with a neighbour or collected from a local delivery depot. And the delivery address can't be changed after you've ordered.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Helgis  You've posted this in the broadband forum, can you advise if you are referring to to a Broadband Hub or Sky Stream Puck?

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Helgis
Topic Author

@GD1 Don't really know what the difference is but I think it is the puck that I am waiting on. That's the one I can't have delivered somewhere else for pickup?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Helgis wrote:

Afraid not, it can't be collected or left anywhere other than the registered address.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-stream/delivery-and-returns-sky-stream/delivery-sky-stre...

If you've missed your delivery, you can reschedule it through the DPD website.

We’ll try to deliver your items up to three times. If we miss you a third time, your order will be returned to us and cancelled.

Items can't be left in a safe space, with a neighbour or collected from a local delivery depot. And the delivery address can't be changed after you've ordered.

Helgis
Topic Author

Thanks but it wasn't me that missed the delivery. I was here all afternoon. They didn't ring the bell. Now I can't contact them. I need it to be delivered on the weekend and you can't schedule that on their website. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Helgis wrote:

Thanks but it wasn't me that missed the delivery. I was here all afternoon. They didn't ring the bell. Now I can't contact them. I need it to be delivered on the weekend and you can't schedule that on their website. 

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do as the delivery company are the ones that physical have the parcel. Out of curousity which delivery company is it? Sky use a number of them to delivery the Sky Stream pucks.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith  Sky use DPD for the Stream pucks

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@GD1 wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith  Sky use DPD for the Stream pucks

Thats not actually 100% true, as i had my stream puck delivered by a different courier company when i got it back in November.

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith  According to their own info they use DPD, there is no reference to any other provider so may have changed this since November https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-stream/delivery-and-returns-sky-stream/delivery-sky-stre...

@GD1 wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith  According to their own info they use DPD, there is no reference to any other provider so may have changed this since November https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-stream/delivery-and-returns-sky-stream/delivery-sky-stre...

I kind of wish there was a last updated date on these Sky Help Pages so it is easy to tell whether the information on the page is actually likely to be up-to-date or not.

NOT a Sky Employee

Helgis
Topic Author

It is DPD

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion