Discussion topic: Please wait for your programme to load.

This message was authored by Ed.B. This message was authored by: Ed.B.

Please wait for your programme to load.

There are a thousand threads on this with no apparent resolution.

It's getting worse. 

Stream is unusable 20% of the time.

Everyone should get a refund.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Please wait for your programme to load.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ed.B. wrote:

There are a thousand threads on this with no apparent resolution.

It's getting worse. 

Stream is unusable 20% of the time.

Everyone should get a refund.

I beg to differ, there aren't 1000's of threads, it's certainly not getting worse.  

If fact it's improved over time, moreso if the issues are related to wifi connections then it's down to the speed/quality of how the TV/sPucks are connected.

Why would sky refun d everyone? 

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ed.B. wrote:

There are a thousand threads.

A search for that phrase in this forum returns 80 results since October 2021 (including this thread ; )

Please_Wait.png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by JulieinScotland This message was authored by: JulieinScotland

Deleted post

Ed.B.
Topic Author

Ok, clearly thousands is exaggeration, but I searched Google and the reports started last November. There are more and more threads right up until this month so as more people take stream more people notice this appalling failure of the kit they pay handsomely for. 

It's just happened to me again today - watching the cricket and pressed 'watch from start'. Screen froze then went black with the 'please wait for your programme to load' message and the only way out of it was to completely unplug at the wall.

Firesticks never suffer this issue, so it's no wonder people sideload apps and 'steal' sky sports. 

Ed.B.
Topic Author

That's helpful. 

Typical of sky (removed), not only ignore criticism but delete it and pretend it didn't happen!

Moderator note: Can we please be nice to each other.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ed.B. 

That post appears to have been deleted by the poster because it was out of context.

I'd suggest your issue is specifically with 'watch from start' functionality (or lack of it) rather than a wider 'wait for your programme to load' problem: this topic returns around 400 results.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by M3rk This message was authored by: M3rk

I do get this error, but only ever happens when i get sudden bandwidth reduction on my home networking, ...usually when the the kids come home from school lol, once network adjusts, its all back to normal, so i kinda agree with a internal network issue rather than sky puck one.

i get similar on a firestick, though that shows itself with a sudden low resolution.

just my opinion.. 😉

Ed.B.
Topic Author

It's just me in my flat, trying to watch the TV. No children here or in the building, FTTP, 150mb. 

It's either a soft or hardware issue, not my network. 

This message was authored by Nicky_Jinx This message was authored by: Nicky_Jinx

I've had this a few times on my puck. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my broadband - it's full fibre to premises, 500Mbps. I use ethernet to the puck (capped at roughly 85Mbps by the hardware) which is more than enough, but it still behaves quite randomly. 

I also get random days where the remote fails to work. Thankfully I have a universal remote programmed to control the puck so I can switch to that when necessary. Usually the next day the Stream remote works again. For no reason whatsoever. 

Sky Stream is quirky to put it mildly. It seems to work when it feels like it. When it does it's great. When it doesn't, it's a pain in the rear. 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Majority of customers have trouble free viewing on sky stream and glass. This forum is bound to attract the negative views of some customers - and that's fair. But the vast majority have a good experience. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick Roku 4K Google Chromecast
This message was authored by JulieinScotland This message was authored by: JulieinScotland

My post was deleted because I misread the original post and did not feel it appropriate for it to remain. 

I should have clarified that then but did not feel it necessary; however, later post caused me to reconsider.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Ed.B. Do you check your devices connection speed to the internet using the Netflix get help Network check?

Exiled in HH
Ed.B.
Topic Author

Yes. Picture quality is great. Functionality getting better but app integration still flaky.

Far too many bugs in the OS though, such as this and the ongoing sound delay issues. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

What sort of speeds does it report?

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion