Discussion topic: Playlist Messing up American Football

This message was authored by IainReducer This message was authored by: IainReducer

Playlist Messing up American Football

I prefer to record American football rather than watch live. This mostly works fine using Playlist on Stream. However in the last couple of weeks when the same game has been shown on both Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports NFL, the playlist process has opted to link to the Main Event coverage. In the last 2 weeks this has meant that the American football is only shown after the Premier League match coverage has finished when it's half way or two thirds through. I'd like to know why the playlist process can't link to the Sky Sports NFL coverage which shows the whole game? It can't be beyond Sky's technical ability to make sure Playlist links with the full coverage of an event on one channel rather than partial coverage on another channel.

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Playlist Messing up American Football

How did you set the playlist entry?

Exiled in HH
IainReducer
Topic Author
This message was authored by IainReducer This message was authored by: IainReducer

I selected the regular Sunday games from the tv guide at the start of the season. From that point, each week would show 'series added' on the tv guide including occasions when the same game was shown on SS Main Event and SS NFL at the same time. There appears to be no mechanism to select the channel/coverage that shows the whole game instead of the one that only starts part way through. I'd expect that Sky Stream would link to the most complete coverage but this doesn't always seem to happen.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

So selecting the show from the Sky NFL channel on the epg links to the Sky Main Event channel show?

Exiled in HH
IainReducer
Topic Author

Looks like it does sometimes when both channels show the same game. Can't say for sure it has happened every time in the past.

Have you tried cancelling and resetting the selection for the Sky NFL channel?

Have you reported the issue to Sky CSs?

Exiled in HH
IainReducer
Topic Author

Not yet to both. 

The more I learn about Sky Stream the more I'm steering away from Sky Stream to Now TV... at least Now TV just works🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Mookmac This message was authored by: Mookmac

Sky Stream is terrible for NFL fans. I wish I was still able to get Sky Q at my property, at least with that system you selected the show to record and it would actually do it. On Stream you can select to add anything to playlist, but it's pot luck if you can actually watch it after it's been broadcast. 

IainReducer
Topic Author

Have to say that a year after my original post, I haven't had any real problems with NFL games for a very long time. Only issues appear to be when ITV shows UK based games which must reflect licensing arrangements and also college games tend to run long and the last one gets cut off before the end.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion