Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

Agree fully with you @Bazlowski and helpful

This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

It's crap. 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

We just want everything fixed and updated and Sky just to be a bit more responsive to the issues, if this is the correct word. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DantheSwan wrote:

@Ant181 

They are lying! 

Tell them new laws were passed in government in July that allows you to give 31 days notice and leave penalty free 

This has been repeated several times in these forums without any evidence that it's correct.

It does not appear to be a provision of either the Media Act or the Digital Markets Competition and Consumers Act, which are the only possibly relevant bills to make it through the 'wash-up' process before Parliament was dissolved prior to the General Election.

Even if it were in the DMCCA, the Competition and Markets Authority hasn't had any time to consult the affected industries, let alone announce any new regulatory frameworks.

The Act does say subscription taken out online must be cancellable that way (again, once appropriate regulation is actually in place), but only if the rest of the contract permits this at all at that point in time: it absolutely does not remove the concept of a legally enforceable minimum contract term.

A law which simply permitted cancellation as the consumer desired without regard to the financial impact on the service provider would seriously undermine a great many existing and very successful busines models, and the last Government was not particularly keen on doing that kind of thing.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

I think the answer re early termination without early termination fees also depends on who you speak to at Sky. I in addition to this forum had raised a complaint. Having spoken to 1 of their employees and having not found any other resolution I asked if it was possible to end my contract early without early termination charges. They went way and have agreed to do so. I leave in 31 days. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@DuckieBoos wrote:

I think the answer re early termination without early termination fees also depends on who you speak to at Sky. 

Absolutely: Sky can choose to do so, and probably should in the case of really unhappy customers.  They just don't have to.

This message was authored by DantheSwan This message was authored by: DantheSwan

@TimmyBGood  I know five people who hove used that to leave penalty free on another forum I frequent and there's multiple people on here who've done the same 

Sky wouldn't let anyone get out of their contract if there was no legal reason for it, they just wouldn't 

The act was discussed and done in July this year, clearly it has clauses for people to get out of contracts early and Sky are aware of it and that it's law

@DantheSwan wrote:

Sky wouldn't let anyone get out of their contract if there was no legal reason for it, they just wouldn't 

Of course they would, if, for example, they feel they couldn't ultimately sustain a challenge under existing well-established consumer rights legislation.  It's also counterproductive to retain vociferously unhappy customers.

As I said, as far as I can see the last round of legislation contained no applicable additional rights, and certainly no automatic right to cancel unilaterally outside a cooling-off period: that would be  huge shift in the balance of power between consumers and businesses of the kind which right-of-centre governments (and their corporate donors) traditionally aren't terribly fond of.

I think we have gone off the main subject here though but I do understand people frustrations, but it's important that we stick to the issues?

Can we have an update asap from Sky with this issue along with the other problems please

I emailed Sky on Thursday for an update for all the issues, yet I am still waiting a response, though they did acknowldged my email!!! It does once again show the speed of customer service needs to be improved, but hoping paitence  will pay off 🙂

On people's comments above, I came accross the below, its to stop companies increasing our bills mid contract I think, if I am correct. 

Ofcom has recently banned other providers from linking their price rises to inflation from 2025, which has caused many of them to adopt a fixed annual price increase instead (for example, £3 per month).

Since Sky hasn't ever committed to a regular annual price rise amount, it's currently unclear whether it will adopt a similar policy to the other providers yet.

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

I was told by sky customer services that no one is held to a contract on sky stream and there was a legal reason as to why this was the case.

If you can find one person who has been told that they can't cancel sky stream whilst in contract I would be shocked 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Jason+Golding wrote:

I was told by sky customer services that no one is held to a contract on sky stream and there was a legal reason as to why this was the case.

If you can find one person who has been told that they can't cancel sky stream whilst in contract I would be shocked 

Post 303 of this very thread 👍🏻

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

Another reason I guess to stay with Stream, and not go back to Q. BUT I will say again, I very much hope we as customers get all the issues fixed once and for all 🙂 @Jason+Golding @Skull+Treaty Who knows, maybe Sky are working on a better and upgraded Puck, but just not telling us!!!

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Back on the pixelation topic, I saw it for the first time yesterday. Sky Nature then Sky History. Just over quarter of the screen (left hand side). I didn't bother to rewind and check - the audio drops are of bigger concern for me. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

@squareeyeschris I do think we are being very patient but it's all very frustrating but I like many others hope it's all fixed in one way or another. They, Sky need to do way more than what they doing currently. 
I had several yesterday and sound cutting out on various of the sporting events

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion