Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by MohsinMo This message was authored by: MohsinMo

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

Right , I have 1gb fibre with on WiFi easy over 600 Mbps , router literally next to the TV and sky stream . When I connected the sky stream over ethernet , no pixelation , actually UHD looks better whereas on WiFi there is pixelation and quality slightly diminished. It ain't my WiFi , I know this for a fact but I think issue would be with sky stream box how it handles WiFi . Been watching cricket on UHD now for a while over ethernet no pixelation but you switch to WiFi , it is there intermittently every 15 odd mins or something , hope that helps

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

@MohsinMo I have identical pixilation/green flash/tearing  issues with a puck connected via Ethernet and 2 on WiFi and had it on 1 that they replaced, so I'm my case it's not the WiFi. Additionally  only have issues on Sky branded live channels. All other channels ok. All on demand content ok. If it was a WiFi only issue I would expect the issues to be on everything. 

This message was authored by FaviousM This message was authored by: FaviousM

My puck has always been connected via ethernet. I had I think 6 months where the only issue I had was the lip sync issue posted about elsewhere.

It's only the last 3 weeks or so the pixelation and glitching has started with no change to the network or TV setup on my end

And it looks like it's going to be another weekend of sports with pixelation and glitches throughout

Oh I see , don't know , looked up now TV with everything I have with Sky on 4k HDR , half the price still might leave sky because of this 

Yeah , switched to F1 UHD on ethernet and low and behold pixelation lol

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

@MohsinMo Sounds like a plan. I'm thinking of cancelling multiroom, demoting the 1 remaining puck to a room I barely watch live tv in and going back to Now for the rest of the house 

This message was authored by SteRob87 This message was authored by: SteRob87

Mines started doing this today! Using ethernet cable and never had a problem since now. It's like when you used to have a dish and bad weather would break and pixelate the picture. 

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
Sky Stream + Whole Home (2 Pucks)
Sony KD-55XF9005

4 minutes into the football on Main Event UHD before I hit my first glitch

Gonna be a frustrating weekend

This message was authored by SteRob87 This message was authored by: SteRob87

I Unplugging both the puck and router for 5mins and it's been fine since. Hopefully it stays that way. 

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
Sky Stream + Whole Home (2 Pucks)
Sony KD-55XF9005

Tried the same, as I'm willing to try whatever to fix it. Took like 1 minute after turning Main Event UHD on to see the first glitch

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Had it again in Sky sports news this morning

Still happening on F1 UHD as well. Don't really want to stop posting about it happening in case someone thinks it's sorted.

Still no sign of a firmware update throughout the whole thing

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@FaviousM wrote:

Still no sign of a firmware update throughout the whole thing

Stream has had multiple updates since launch nearly three years ago.  They aren't deployed in a rush to address an emerging issue: this thread has been running for just over one month and that's far too short a period for a new release, particularly over August.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

I didn't mean a new firmware to specifically address this issue, there was talks of a firmware in testing recently that I was hoping might have accidentally fixed this issue

But I guess it's still just in testing

Not that it matters but watched the West Ham/City game on Main Event UHD. Only say maybe 3 or 4 glitches but they were all pretty substantial like 1/2 or 3/4s of the screen getting pixelated/green etc

Not sure if that's better or worse than lots of smaller ones

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion