Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Re: Sky Stream intermitently pixelating

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies and for your patience whilst we work through this problem.

Can I also thank you all for bringing this to our attention and for providing us with more granular data, to enable us to investigate further? Thank you for tagging us @lettice 

I've escalated the problem to our support teams and will update this thread as soon as they come back to us.

I'm marking the post as the answer, so people can see the updates as they come in, without having to read the entire thread. This doesn't mean that we've said it's fixed.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

@KevNewMedia 

why have I just received this email from Sky re this issue then? Deny deny deny! That's all I ever get from SKY 

Thank you for your email to Sky regarding Sky Stream pixilation.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this. However, we have not experienced any broadcasting issues as outlined in your email. If you experience further issues, can you call our Technical team on 03442 411 411 when you are experiencing the picture quality  so that trouble-shooting can be carried out in real time.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us.

Best wishes

Linda
Viewer Relations

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@DuckieBoos wrote:

@KevNewMedia 

why have I just received this email from Sky re this issue then? Deny deny deny! That's all I ever get from SKY 

Thank you for your email to Sky regarding Sky Stream pixilation.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this. However, we have not experienced any broadcasting issues as outlined in your email. If you experience further issues, can you call our Technical team on 03442 411 411 when you are experiencing the picture quality  so that trouble-shooting can be carried out in real time.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us.

Best wishes

Linda
Viewer Relations

Hi @DuckieBoos 

I suspect the Viewer Relations team aren't aware of the investigation that I instigated this morning.  I'll let the team know 👍

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Excellent @KevNewMedia 

Can you also let them know about the constant pausing / freezing / black screen of the puck which then crashes. I have put this on another message. This would be hugely appreciated with the hard work you are doing to help us on this issue

This message was authored by KFBHOST This message was authored by: KFBHOST

I too have the same problem.

I have had Sky Stream since it started. I have 2 pucks and had no issues fsince the beginning.

But this morning none of the boxes are working as they should.

I did get one of them showing some tv program but that was so bad quality i couldent watch it definatly not HD.

I can only hope it is Sky's problem there end or i will be cancelling my Sub very soon. This is my main tv and have nothing and have done all day so please Sky look into this as your servers are at fault.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Thank you @KFBHOST for confirming you have same issues. Hopefully this will encourage Sky that it's a big issue and it will get fixed as a matter of urgency

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

@KevNewMedia  If you did contact the customer relations team then they are not getting the message. I shared  a link to this forum and your reply to us all and have yet again received this message: 

"Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately we are unable to replicate the issue you are experiencing.

As my colleague advised, it would be best to contact our Technical Team while the issue is ongoing so that Sky can provide you with the correct one to one support and attempt to fix the issue you are facing.

Our team does not have account access and cannot assist you with account related enquiries. Such as your contract or cooling off period.

Should you wish to discuss your account in any fashion, you would need to contact our Customer Service team on...

Thanks again for taking the time to contact Sky Sports.

Kind Regards,

David

Viewer Relations" 

I am truly sick of this now from your colleagues. Please can you raise this again with them and senior management. 
Thank you 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Our support teams have advised that this issue may be resolved, can you let me know if this is the case please?

Update 4/9: 

Morning All

Firstly, allow me to apologise for the confusion and explain what's been going on.

We had a broadcast problem causing pixelation on many Sky channels that could be replicated at this end and this was fixed. I posted to ask people if that was the case for them, as our support teams had advised they could no longer replicate the issue. Apart from the intermittent screen tear on Sky Sports, there are no further broadcasting problems.

As some of you have advised that you continue to see problems across other channels, we've engaged our support teams to investigate further.

I've marked this as the answer, so that people don't need to read the entire thread for the most up-to-date information.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

@KevNewMedia Given the email I have just received from them still denying that there was ever a fault I'm doubtful. I barely watch any of Skys own branded live TV entertainment or cinema channels now as there's no pleasure in them and I watch the content on demand where I've seen no pixilation or green flashes/tearing. Live sports channels are a little harder to avoid. If I see it I will post the photos. 

Thank you for what you are doing. @KevNewMedia  I just wish all of your colleagues were as conscientious as you. 

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@KevNewMedia 

Just wondering why you have marked your post as an answer as you don't appear to know if the matter has been resolved or not?

Apologies if this is a duplicate post.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@squareeyeschris wrote:

@KevNewMedia 

Just wondering why you have marked your post as an answer as you don't appear to know if the matter has been resolved or not?

@squareeyeschris the reason posts are marked as the answer in long threads like this is beacuse that pins the post to the top of the thread. This should make it easy for anyone seeing the thread to see the latest update courtesy of a Sky employee, rather than having to trawl through over a hundred posts to see it.

Argubly there should just be a way to pin a post, without having to mark is as an answer but the forum software seemingly doesn't allow that at present.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Posted by a Sky employee

@squareeyeschris wrote:

@KevNewMedia 

You're right, I should have marked my post better and have updated it with the following @squareeyeschris 

EDIT: I've marked this as the answer, so that people don't need to read the entire thread for the most up-to-date information.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

The issue is still happening so Sky need to do more than what they are doing. It's been happening on the UHD tennis throughout the afternoon

This message was authored by FaviousM This message was authored by: FaviousM

Yes, still happening here too. Just saw it on glitch on Main Event UHD

This message was authored by DantheSwan This message was authored by: DantheSwan

Sports plus stream crashed three times already, that's me done 

Cancelling first thing tomorrow 

Not putting up with this any longer , I'm done ! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion