Discussion topic: Ent OS 1.3

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Ent OS 1.3

Evening all, anyone had the update yet?

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: OS 1.3

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The features that are part of Entertainment OS 1.3 will be gradually rolling out over the summer, as Sky have the ability to easily turn these featues on and off. So once 1.3 is officially released i wouldn't expect all the feature listed in Sky's press release to be immediately available.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Super+Anthony  It hasn't started rolling out yet but I suspect it is imminent 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

The features that are part of Entertainment OS 1.3 will be gradually rolling out over the summer, as Sky have the ability to easily turn these featues on and off. So once 1.3 is officially released i wouldn't expect all the feature listed in Sky's press release to be immediately available.

NOT a Sky Employee

Super+Anthony
Topic Author
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Oh apologies, I thought it was happening in May?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

The features are being rolled out from May. https://www.skygroup.sky/article/entertainment-os-on-sky-keeps-getting-smarter-thanks-to-clever-new-...

But they are unlikely to all be switched on at the same time and will likely be gradually rolled out over several months.

NOT a Sky Employee

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Thank you for clarifying

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

How are you finding stream @Super+Anthony 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Hey @Jason+Golding Hope you are well

Yes, really enjoying it. Picture and sound so much better. So glad to have changed to it. I love the menu screen

Only negative part is the issue of deleting from your 'Continue Watching' and you cant just delete the whole series. It appears that you need to fast forward all the episodes and series or you just wait for it to go after a period of time. The other issue is that the controller is very sensitive when on the TV menu

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Anyone got the update yet at all?

Ignore this actually sorry. You guys answered this earlier

This message was authored by gilbo2 This message was authored by: gilbo2

Do you find it a benefit?

This message was authored by Adz6794 This message was authored by: Adz6794

I don't see any change tbh, I fired up the PlayStation and I'm still rubbish at Call of Duty (I'm solely blaming that on the high latency of Glass)

This message was authored by D+Hig This message was authored by: D+Hig

Anyone on Sky Stream puck keeping us waiting 😮

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Anyone expecting some kind of seismic change to the OS needs to lower their expectations. 

These are relatively minor updates which many customers won't actually notice. 

This message was authored by gilbo2 This message was authored by: gilbo2

Just like Apple OS updates then 😉.

So really its like OS 1.21 😁

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@gilbo2 wrote:

Just like Apple OS updates then 😉.

So really its like OS 1.21 😁

Yeah, sort of. It's going from 1.2 to 1.3 so it's mainly just a few bug fixes and additions to existing features. there's not going to be a massive change to how things look or feel. 

It's just because there haven't been many OS changes that it's made to feel like a bit of an event. The change to OS 2.00 will be a much bigger deal, but I wouldn't get too excited for it as it'll no doubt be a while away and will perhaps be introduced with gen2 hardware. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion