Discussion topic: No IP Address error message trying to connect sky stream puck to router by Ethernet

This message was authored by DavidJigga This message was authored by: DavidJigga

No IP Address error message trying to connect sky stream puck to router by Ethernet

Hi,

I'd like to connect my Sky Stream Puck to my sky router by Ethernet. I have ethernet cable from fibre socket to the WAN port on router and have a ethernet cable then in one of the other ports and other end in puck. I have switched off wifi on puck but when i am in the Network  Settings page and chose option to " Connect via ethernet cable"  . i follow instruction to plug cabke into puck but it then states its obtaining Ip address but come back wit an error message "No IP Address found" and asks if Ip allocation is disabled on route - how woud i know??? . 

Can anyone help as this is very frustrating and i want to see if the quality is improved by using Ethernet rather than WIFI as after 2 days is not as good as was expecting. Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Feades This message was authored by: Feades

Re: No IP Address error message trying to connect sky stream puck to router by Ethernet

I have exactly the same issue!

Hopefully some awesome person on this forum can help. . . many thanks 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: No IP Address error message trying to connect sky stream puck to router by Ethernet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Feades & @DavidJigga first check that the cable is not faulty by looking at your router which should have two lights above the ethernet port one should be lit and the other flickers as data passes. Ethernet cables can break particularly if bent round to tight a corner. Secondly check that your router can accept a 100Mb/s connection most routers switch automatically between ethernet speeds but a few dont Sky Stream and Sky Glass have 100Mb/s ethernet ports (aka Fast Ethernet). If you are not using a direct cable check any adapters and switches are powered and connected properly.

Then go into the settings on the puck and go to networking and turn off wifi networking assuming your router is working normally the puck should get an IP address.from the router's DHCP server. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion