Discussion topic: Newbie questions

This message was authored by fizzyfizzfizz This message was authored by: fizzyfizzfizz

Newbie questions

Hi, just finished setting up my new Sky Stream box and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, is there a way of customising the home screen? Right below the TV guide section I'm immediately presented with a bunch of options for kids. I have no interest in childrens TV and would ideally prefer to have the apps section in it's place. 

Secondly, is there a way to turn that distracting mini tv off? Or at least the volume from it? 

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Newbie questions

@fizzyfizzfizz wrote:

Hi, just finished setting up my new Sky Stream box and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, is there a way of customising the home screen? Right below the TV guide section I'm immediately presented with a bunch of options for kids. I have no interest in childrens TV and would ideally prefer to have the apps section in it's place. 

Secondly, is there a way to turn that distracting mini tv off? Or at least the volume from it? 

Thanks

The answer to both your questions sadly is no. 

fizzyfizzfizz
Topic Author
This message was authored by fizzyfizzfizz This message was authored by: fizzyfizzfizz

Thanks for the reply. Oh well!

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @fizzyfizzfizz 

It should be added that the Sky Entertainment OS "learns" the type of content you watch and makes more recommendations over time.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/personalisation-on-sky-glass-and-sky-stream

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-playlist-and-tv-guide-sky-glass

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion