Discussion topic: Netflix and Additional user

This message was authored by Beegreen1983 This message was authored by: Beegreen1983

Netflix and Additional user

Hi

We've recently installed Sky Stream and was looking to incorporate our Netflix account but wondered if it's actually worth it.

Reason being is that I pay the 4.99 a month for my mum to have access to Netflix, I understand if I transfer the account over she'll be removed.

I'm happy to keep them separate to keep her access but wondered if anyone knew of a smarter way of doing it?

Thanks in advance

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Netflix and Additional user

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Beegreen1983 

If you are paying currently for the "Extra Member" feature in Netflix so that your Mum can use it then yes you will need to keep your billing with Netflix. Currently Netflix don't allow third party resellers to offer the "Extra Member" add-on to accounts, this can only be obtained directly from Netflix.

You should note that the way netflix works on Sky, is that when you login to your netflix account on the Sky platform it will link your netflix and sky accounts together and switch the billing across. So to avoid the billing from being switched you won't be able to login to Netflix on the Sky Stream, as per my understanding.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Beegreen1983 

Is your mother in the same property as you ? Netflix accounts can no longer be shared to other households......... 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Beegreen1983
Topic Author
This message was authored by Beegreen1983 This message was authored by: Beegreen1983

No she's not, which is why I pay for her to be an additional user...

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

@Beegreen1983 

If you are paying currently for the "Extra Member" feature in Netflix so that your Mum can use it then yes you will need to keep your billing with Netflix. Currently Netflix don't allow third party resellers to offer the "Extra Member" add-on to accounts, this can only be obtained directly from Netflix.

You should note that the way netflix works on Sky, is that when you login to your netflix account on the Sky platform it will link your netflix and sky accounts together and switch the billing across. So to avoid the billing from being switched you won't be able to login to Netflix on the Sky Stream, as per my understanding.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Beegreen1983
Topic Author

Thought so, thank you!

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Is it because Sky wouldn't want to hand over 100% of the extra user revenue.... BUT expect a cut🤔

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion