Discussion topic: My sky stream remote is not working

This message was authored by Dalehannan This message was authored by: Dalehannan

My sky stream remote is not working

My sky stream remote is not working

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: My sky stream remote is not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dalehannan The remotes are cheaply made and are problematic.  You don't say if you have already tried any solutions so here are a few things you can try (apologies if you have already tried them).

Firstly make sure none of the plastic tab you removed from the remote is stuck in the battery compartment and is preventing the batteries from making proper contact.

I would also reboot the system by switching off at the plug socket for a minute before switching it on again. I will take about a minute to reboot.

Then try to pair the remote again as follows:

1. Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds (This resets/clears the remote)
  2. Press 1 and 3 together for three seconds (bluetooth mode) and follow any on-screen instructions.

If that doesn't help have a look at the links below which refer to remote troubleshooting guides:

Troubleshooting guide

Remote help

You could also try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth.  As unlikely as this sounds it has brought many faulty remotes back to life including my own a few months ago.

If none of the above works then phone Sky to discuss and request a replacement remote or post back here and I can escalate your issue to the Community Messaging Team for an online chat.

If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote whilst you wait for a replacement.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@Dalehannan The remotes are cheaply made and are problematic.  You don't say if you have already tried any solutions so here are a few things you can try (apologies if you have already tried them).

Firstly make sure none of the plastic tab you removed from the remote is stuck in the battery compartment and is preventing the batteries from making proper contact.

I would also reboot the system by switching off at the plug socket for a minute before switching it on again. I will take about a minute to reboot.

Then try to pair the remote again as follows:

1. Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds (This resets/clears the remote)
  2. Press 1 and 3 together for three seconds (bluetooth mode) and follow any on-screen instructions.

If that doesn't help have a look at the links below which refer to remote troubleshooting guides:

Troubleshooting guide

Remote help

You could also try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth.  As unlikely as this sounds it has brought many faulty remotes back to life including my own a few months ago.

If none of the above works then phone Sky to discuss and request a replacement remote or post back here and I can escalate your issue to the Community Messaging Team for an online chat.

If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote whilst you wait for a replacement.

This message was authored by Zoe+marley This message was authored by: Zoe+marley

My sky remote for bedroom tv isn't working

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Zoe+marley 

Check the batteries
An easy way to check is to cover the buttons slightly on your Sky remote with your hand. You should see a white backlight behind the buttons. If you don't see the backlight the issue is the power with the remote, so potentially a battery issue.

Check the battery compartment to make sure the paper used to protect the battery has been fully removed. It might have ripped when being removed leaving some behind.

Still can't see the backlight? It’s likely you need to replace the two AAA batteries.

Pair the remote

Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds (This resets/clears the remote)
Press 1 and 3 together for three seconds (bluetooth mode) and follow any on-screen instructions.

The next option sounds insane but a number of users have reported it resolving the issue with their remotes. You could try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a towel. It

If it is still not working have a look at the following guides:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remote-control-help-sky-glass
https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-glass/fixing-a-problem-sky-glass/fixing-sky-glass-remote...

If none of these options work you can request a replacement remote via this link: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/streaming-tv-remote

If you have an old Sky Q remote, you can use that as an interim solution whilst you await the new remote.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@MarkGoldsmith One wonders why post number 2 wasn't sufficient unless the new poster just didn't bother to read the thread (a whole 2 posts 😉).  I getting to the stage where I'm beginning to wonder why we all bother 🤷‍♂️

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith One wonders why post number 2 wasn't sufficient unless the new poster just didn't bother to read the thread (a whole 2 posts 😉).  I getting to the stage where I'm beginning to wonder why we all bother 🤷‍♂️

I know, i was tempted to just type, please read post above yours, but then i thought what was the point as it clearly wasn't read to begin with it, so decided to use my standard response instead.

In fact i've just marked your old post as the Answer 🤣 not that it will make any difference.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

If you can use a Sky Q remote. Way more features and more reliable.  

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion