Discussion topic: Moving on from Stream

This message was authored by Cooper+D This message was authored by: Cooper+D

Moving on from Stream

Due to lots of issues with the quality of stream I finally decided to cancel and look at other options and opted for Apple TV 4K with a Now subscription for sports and entertainment,  and in the main it's performing well, however there are a couple of niggles with it.

The first one is a  lip sync issue when watching sport in UHD from the Apple box. I can watch the same content through the Apple box in HD and it's absolutely fine and I can watch the same content in UHD from the Now app on the TV and it's absolutely fine as well.

If I watch something from the Entertainment package in UHD through the Apple box it's fine as well, it just seems to be live sport it's happening with.

The other thing is if I go to settings on the Apple box and then enhance dialogue and select either Boost or Enhance it mutes the sound completely in UHD but still works fine on HD.

I did contact Apple support who advised a full factory reset which I have done but these issues still persist.

I have read quite a lot of posts on here where some people are recommending Apple TV 4K with a Now subscription as an alternative to Stream so I thought I would ask to see if anyone has experienced the same issues and could offer a solution. 

Many thanks in advance.

All my opinions are my own.

All Replies

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Re: Moving on from Stream

Is any of this relevant for a sky stream message board? I suggest you contact Now Tv/Apple support 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick Roku 4K Google Chromecast
Cooper+D
Topic Author

People on here have been championing Apple TV with a Now subscription as an alternative to Stream. If you can't offer any help with this why reply?

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

This message board is to support sky stream customers. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K

@Cooper+Dwhat were your issues with sky stream ? They may have now been resolved. Stream is a far more complete product than Now Tv... the time lag as an example of live sports wouldn't be acceptable to me with watching sky sports via now tv. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Cooper+D
Topic Author

@Jason+Golding I was a big fan of Stream and had it since it was launched. However the issues got a bit too many and too frequent for me to continue with a subscription to it.

I really hope that sometime soon there will be a revamp of Stream and it will perform as it should or at least as well as Q did.  My Sky Internet connection was never an issue, the problems were with the pucks I had.

If Stream did perform as it should all of the time I would have no hesitation subscribing again.

the issues I was having are still happening as I see people on here daily still looking to resolve them

@Cooper+D @That's a real shame. I can honestly say that I have very few issues with sky stream. Anything that uses the internet is heavily dependant on the quality of not just speed, but latency that it is receiving.

I run mine off virgin media broadband and it works really well. If I was in your position, I would have looked at virgin stream or the EE TV, with EE you can run it off Apple TV, but the Apple TV boxes are modified so that they run off an integrated EPG, for me the pure Apple TV option is too heath Robinson if you want a simple solution 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cooper+D  Have you tried posting your issue in the Apple Forums as you'd likely get a lot more help than a Sky forum which isn't geared up to support Apple TV users.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GD1 wrote:

@Cooper+D  Have you tried posting your issue in the Apple Forums as you'd likely get a lot more help than a Sky forum which isn't geared up to support Apple TV users.

Although you wouldn't think so with the amount of users on here who promote apple tv  ...... 😂

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Roger17 This message was authored by: Roger17

@Cooper+D Have you tried calibrate audio with your iphone that usually works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Edition Ipod

One left shoe

A pair of jeans

An old Raleigh chopper

Some salt and vinegar crisps

Several scart lead

An old Roberts radio

This message was authored by Mr+Michael+P This message was authored by: Mr+Michael+P

On your Apple TV > settings > audio and video. Check audio settings there, I'm obviously not sure if you are using soundbar or just the tv audio or whether you setup supports Dolby atmos. All UHD on now tv sports is usually in Dolby atmos. Also don't forget to make sure you are using earc on your tv and Apple TV when using soundbar this will ensure atmos is transferred correctly. Hope this help if not tell us your tv make and whether you are using soundbar or not?

If I were a community manager I would have a serious clamp down on the self promotion of using Apple TV and Now, and slating Sky stream. It makes the board very negative. For me you should have to have a valid sky stream subscription or Q sub to use the board 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Sky are probably happy to keep subscribers than completely lose subscribers😉

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion