Discussion topic: Lip Sync issues - Sky Stream

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

Oh no. I will keep an eye on mine and report back. I have just been updated to 1.3 today and Q.28

This message was authored by Caz64 This message was authored by: Caz64

Re: Sky pick stream audio being delayed

Mine tooo

all of the time

Tennis is impossible

films are a nightmare

Im going to have to cancel sky unless there is a fix

Also several times a day im told that there is no internet connection? really frustrating 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Caz64  As has been mentioned a few times in the thread SKy recommend changing your Audio setting to PCM or Passthrough whilst they find a solution.  The last update QS028 cured it for me but I am aware that this was not the case for all subscribers so I suspect it depends on individual setups.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Littletaffia This message was authored by: Littletaffia

That's all very well to set your audio to PCM but really annoying when you need Dolby Digital Plus for an Atmos, not that Sky programmes are well endowed in that department, for an AVR connection. I don't bother with Sky any more for Netflix or Prime using either my Apple TV box or my TV itself.

This message was authored by Caz64 This message was authored by: Caz64

The PCM change seems to be working

i havent tried netflix yet

i dont have any other systems attached so fingers crossed it will fix things for our needs

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi everyone, 

Thank you so much for your patience whilst we continued to work on this with our support teams. 

Your constant discussion on this has helped a great deal towards getting this looked at 🙂

We are keen to hear from anyone  else still experiencing this lip sync issue on Sky Stream.

If you are still finding this is occurring can you reply back here with a date / time stamp example of when you've had the issue and what channel you experienced this on.

Marking this as the best answer on the thread (for now) just so new visitors to the thread can find it easilly 🙂  From the last Marked Answer as well, here were some workarounds.

Option 1: Change the Audio Output HDMI to PCM
Option 2: Remove External Soundbar/Speakers and use the TV Audio

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Daniel-F wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Thank you so much for your patience whilst we continued to work on this with our support teams. 

Your constant discussion on this has helped a great deal towards getting this looked at 🙂

We are keen to hear from anyone  else still experiencing this lip sync issue on Sky Stream.

If you are still finding this is occurring can you reply back here with a date / time stamp example of when you've had the issue and what channel you experienced this on.

Marking this as the best answer on the thread (for now) just so new visitors to the thread can find it easilly 🙂  From the last Marked Answer as well, here were some workarounds.

Option 1: Change the Audio Output HDMI to PCM
Option 2: Remove External Soundbar/Speakers and use the TV Audio

Thanks,

@Daniel-F  I actually had this issue crop up yesterday for the first time since the QS28 update. It was whilst watching something on paramount plus. The fix was to put the puck into standby for 5 seconds then turn it back on and it was all back in sync again. What I noticed was that once it went out of sync it would do this for all shows on all channels until I put the puck into standby.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Littletaffia This message was authored by: Littletaffia

This is a joke surely?

The reason why people buy soundbars is to have a better audio experience than that afforded by the vast majority of ultra slim TVs that have mediocre to poor speakers built in. Now Sky's best advice is to forego using soundbars, I'll also assume that you mean those with AVRs for surround sound, to go back to the inbuilt speakers.

Here's the gauling bit though, subscriptions are rising in August. We'll be paying more for a worse experience. Perhaps Sky should be reducing the subscription until the issue is fixed for good.

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

@Daniel-F I'm getting this constant no matter what I watch if set to auto,Dolby digital or pass through the only fix for me is pcm 

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Littletaffia Then use the other option of changing your audio setting to PCM.  This worked for me until I received the QS028 update and I haven't had any lip sync since.  At no time did I ever need to disconnect my soundbar.  Sky's suggestions are only temporary measures whilst they find a permanent solution.

This message was authored by Lindy68 This message was authored by: Lindy68

Sky streaming Lip Sync Issues

Hello, for a few months now I have been having problems with lip sync. It does resolve the problem when I change from Auto to PCM.

I think Sky need to address this problem as a priority as I noticed lots of people are having issues with this.

This message was authored by Dom35 This message was authored by: Dom35

The only fix for me is pcm stereo - this sadly means my surround sound sytem can't be enjoyed to full effect . I have been usingbthis sound system with no issues with sky q qnd for at least 2 years with sky glass puk befire the lip sync started a few months back . Sky really need to sort this out - been a customer for decades paying them a small fortune !! It worked before so they should be able tonreverse this issue !

@Fothergill1 I've got a fairly high end surround sound set up for Atmos. My AVR has the ability to change lip sync settings but it gets very tedious having to do it all the time. There are also other issues with Stream. Do I get these issues with Apple, absolutely not. If I did then I could opt out of subscription and drop back in when whatever issues are sorted. Can't do that with Sky unless you're prepared to go through multiple loops.

To be honest I'd dump $ky and never look back and use the money saved to buy 4K discs. If $ky know there's an inherent problem with some Stream pucks then they should recall them and issue new units.

@Littletaffia Your setup is way ahead of my poor soundbar with subwoofer.  I also have an Apple TV which I use quite a lot instead of watching on Sky.  The ATV is an excellent piece of kit and is streets ahead of the competition.

Good luck, I hope they fix the lip sync for you soon 🤞

This message was authored by Matt+Nunns This message was authored by: Matt+Nunns

28/6/2024

20:00

Sky Sports F1 UHD

Audio massively behind - approx 5-10 seconds.

sonos beam gen 2

sky stream puck

audio passthrough

putting puck into standby and then back on makes it better but still out of synch

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion