Discussion topic: Lionsgate Plus

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Lionsgate Plus

Closing in uk on 29th Feb

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

All Replies

This message was authored by Rik762 This message was authored by: Rik762

Re: Lionsgate Plus

Now how do I watch Outlander ?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rik762 wrote:

That will depend if any other Uk streaming service or broadcaster decides to pick up the rights to it.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by JulieinScotland This message was authored by: JulieinScotland

@Rik762 You can do as I did and buy the TV series 1 to 6 from Sky Store......  I will also buy the remaining series when they become available.....

Buying the TV series means I've always got the opportunity to watch when I feel the  need for a bit of escapism.

Unfortunately,  the TV series will not complete the Outlander Saga because they will not cover books 7 to 10; although, Diana Gabladon says book 10 is not expected until either 2025 or 2026....  This is a great sadness to me because I've already read the 9 available books and would like to see the end story of Jamie and Claire in the TV series.  Although, I've read that Book 10 will finish the story circa 1800 well after the end of the American War of Independence.  

This message was authored by Rik762 This message was authored by: Rik762

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have the earlier series on DVD but would hate to miss out on any episodes to come.

Your suggestion is a good one.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@Rik762 wrote:

That will depend if any other Uk streaming service or broadcaster decides to pick up the rights to it.

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@Rik762 wrote:

I  have feeling Amazon are going to relaunch MGM service on Prime Video Channels as MGM+ with that on it along most of other content currently on Lionsgate+ aswell as future premieres from Lionsgate/Starz

Jason+Golding
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sky did a deal with Lionsgate/Starz for their programming to be shown on Sky Italy, Uk and Germany 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

I doubt it personally , Amazon is more likely in my view, they announced a deal in Latin America with Lionsgate yesterday where Lionsgate+ closed down this month.

Also Amazon already did deal with Lionsgate in Germany & Italy in Last April.

There is licensed titles on MGM+ in Germany like The Great so possible their deal includes content Lionsgate+ had the rights to that territory 

@Rik762 wrote:

MGM channel via Prime Video Channels, Will be relaunched soon as MGM+ , seasons 1-6 have been added today along with part 1 of season 7.

Sounds like they bigger plans for MGM+ than only Lionsgate/Starz content

https://deadline.com/2024/02/mgm-plus-names-michael-katzer-head-international-1235839667/

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion