Discussion topic: Just subscribed to sky I have set up my puck and my TV keeps cutting out

This message was authored by SteveP3 This message was authored by: SteveP3

Just subscribed to sky I have set up my puck and my TV keeps cutting out

Just subscribed to sky I have set up my puck and the signal keeps dropping out. It's infuriating and so disappointing 😟

All Replies

This message was authored by Buttery_Ken This message was authored by: Buttery_Ken

Re: Just subscribed to sky I have set up my puck and my TV keeps cutting out

@SteveP3 wrote:

Just subscribed to sky I have set up my puck and the signal keeps dropping out. It's infuriating and so disappointing 😟

Are you connecting via WiFi? What speed is reaching the puck? To find out, open the Netflix app, navigate to the Get Help menu and run a network test. 

SteveP3
Topic Author

I am using an Ethernet connection and the speed is showing as 89.80 MPS

This message was authored by Buttery_Ken This message was authored by: Buttery_Ken

@SteveP3 wrote:

I am using an Ethernet connection and the speed is showing as 89.80 MPS

When you say the signal is cutting out, do you mean the actual live streams are stopping?

This message was authored by Freddie+Hayward This message was authored by: Freddie+Hayward

Hi @SteveP3  That speed is more then enough for Sky stream, even for UHD, make sure in the settings you have wi-fi turned off, if the problem persists try unplugging the Ethernet and see how it goes on wi-fi, some users have said they get a more solid connection that way,

SteveP3
Topic Author

I am losing the whole signal now it is just a blank screen?

@SteveP3 wrote:

I am losing the whole signal now it is just a blank screen?

Give the puck a reboot too - turn it off at the wall for a minute then power back on. They can be temperamental little things sometimes. 

SteveP3
Topic Author

Thankyou. I have rebooted and connected through WiFi. At least I have a signal/picture now will see how it goes..., Thanks again for your help 👍🏼

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SteveP3 it seems typicaly to have to reboot a stream puck 2 or 3 times within about 48 hours after the initial setup.

It should then settle down a bit more and act a bit more as expected.

If you are connecting via ethernet i'd strongly suggest going into the settings and disabling the Wifi, if you haven't already. The puck has a habit of defaulting to Wifi if its enabled (even if the ethernet is connected), and can cause some problems.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Freddie+Hayward are you sure think wi-fi is more stable than ethernet... I've never seen that claim?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Freddie+Hayward This message was authored by: Freddie+Hayward

Hi @Exiled-in-HH , Yeah that's what I was saying, I use wi-fi, as I found Ethernet not to be as stable.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Exiled-in-HH I use Wi-Fi and don't have any issues.  I have seen a number of post over the last year where people having problems have found Wi-Fi works better for them than Ethernet.  

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Personally found WiFi to be much more stable than my original wired connection was. Provided the router is within a good distance and the signal strength is consistent I would always plump for WiFi 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Uehara This message was authored by: Uehara

I've had Stream for a little over a year. It goes against my insticts to report this is a positive as every other streaming device in my house is hardwired and works wonderfully, but 6 weeks ago, I unplugged it from Ethernet and switched to Wi-Fi and stability has increased. No stuttering on the switch into commercial breaks whatoever . Ive even managed to watch several Football games now on the UHD channels (both Sky and TNT) for the first time without a single drop out. 

I really wish I could explain why, but I can't. I have a great Internet connection, I use quality cabling throughout so I am frankly VERY suprised. I have a mesh node no more than 3 feet away from the Puck .

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Fothergill1 I wouldn't expect wifi to be an issue dependent on connection speed ... but for wifi to be preferable to Ethernet is strange🤔

Must be a unique defect to Sky Pucks😉

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion