Discussion topic: Is it possible to get frame rate matching

This message was authored by Tommy92 This message was authored by: Tommy92

Is it possible to get frame rate matching

Is this something that could be done over an update .or is it not possible with the hardware...the only thing I eould luke to see at the moment .would be a big improvement on the stream 

Tom.j

All Replies

This message was authored by UnrealityTV This message was authored by: UnrealityTV

Re: Is it possible to get frame rate matching

@Tommy92 wrote:

Is this something that could be done over an update .or is it not possible with the hardware...the only thing I eould luke to see at the moment .would be a big improvement on the stream 

I think it's highly unlikely on the current hardware. 

Sky see that as too much of a 'niche' request. Most regular customers would be annoyed by the brief blank screen that usually occurs during the HDMI handshake request when switching frame rates on most TVs. 

Very few streaming devices offer it for all apps. Amazon Firesticks only frame rate match on Prime Video and Netflix. Roku sticks are similar. Apple TV boxes are much better (and more expensive obvs) and offer it on the majority of apps - Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Paramount+, Discovery+ etc.  

Tommy92
Topic Author
This message was authored by Tommy92 This message was authored by: Tommy92

Re: Is it possible to get frame rate matching

But you get that brief black screen with reduce judder .as its changing from 50 to 60 ...so why not just do the native? 

Tom.j

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion