Discussion topic: I want to disable my pin

This message was authored by Onyi21 This message was authored by: Onyi21

I want to disable my pin

I want to disable my pin so I don't have to enter it each time I change a channel

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: I want to disable my pin

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can't.

Channels that want to show post-watershed content during the day have to be pin protected and the pin has to be entered at the start of each of these shows that meet the criteria prior to the watershed.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I want to disable my pin

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Onyi21 

You definitely shouldn't get a PIN challenge 'each time I change a channel'.  As @MarkGoldsmith indicates, Mandatory Daytime Protection is applicable any time the channel you are changing to is carrying any content above a 12 certificate or age rating, because that's the only way the channel owner can broadcast it before 21:00 (Glass/Stream counts as broadcasting)

Those channels are typically Sky Max (sometimes), Atlantic (most of the time), Comedy, Documentaries and most of the Sky Cinema versions.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion