Discussion topic: I have received an email from you saying you are cancelling my sky puck today. I havent asked for th

This message was authored by howardstartin This message was authored by: howardstartin

I have received an email from you saying you are cancelling my sky puck today. I havent asked for th

I have received an email saying you are cancelling my sky stream puck today. I haven't asked sky to do this and want to know what us going on. I have tried calling but keep getting cut off.

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: I have received an email from you saying you are cancelling my sky puck today. I havent asked fo

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@howardstartin @Unfortunately you won't get that answer here as a public forum isn't a route to speak to Sky customer services, as we our all other Sky customers here.

you will either need to persist with calling Sky or trying to message the Sky help team via their social media channels on Facebook and X.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Marquo This message was authored by: Marquo

Re: I have received an email from you saying you are cancelling my sky puck today. I havent asked fo

This is where Sky send you when their stuff doesn't work.  I am having a problem with my Sky Glass freezing up and all they did was send me a  text link to these community forums.  Sky customer services are about as much good as a chocolate teapot.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Marquo wrote:

This is where Sky send you when their stuff doesn't work.  I am having a problem with my Sky Glass freezing up and all they did was send me a  text link to these community forums.  Sky customer services are about as much good as a chocolate teapot.

Yup, and there is a lot that comes up on this forum that the community can't help with as it's accounts specific issues.

Part of the game is lying to the automated system when you first call to make sure you get through to a customer services agent, although some of the first line customer services agents seems to be quite bad at the moment and give incorrect advice out, like they haven't been given training on Skys products or processes.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Marquo This message was authored by: Marquo

I'm not even going to bother doing that, I just cancelled my direct debit so they can stick their their Sky Glass where the sun doesn't shine.

@Marquo @That is 100% the wrong thing to do. Cancelling the direct debit doesn't cancel your contract so Sky will just chase you for payment and eventually pass it over to a debt collection agency, who will add more fees on to it.

the only end result is you will pay more and it will negatively affect your credit score.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

@Marquo wrote:

I'm not even going to bother doing that, I just cancelled my direct debit so they can stick their their Sky Glass where the sun doesn't shine.

Oh dear, a very bad decision as @MarkGoldsmith has already outlined the repercussion's @Marquo 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Marquo 

Now you've done that any calls to Sky will now only prompt you to set up a payment method and as @MarkGoldsmith has stated Sky will add late payment charges, involve debt collectors and it'll impact your credit score. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion