Discussion topic: Hardware upgrade/app

This message was authored by Cooper+D This message was authored by: Cooper+D

Hardware upgrade/app

Does anyone know if Sky will bring out a new puck with better hardware or launch stream as an app which would obviously render the puck useless.

I had stream since it was launched, however due to the continuous issues, lip sync, pixelation, blue screen and  constant rebooting I decided to cancel my subscription.

Having looked at other options I bought an Apple TV 4K streaming box and subscribed to NOW.

NOW is a good alternative, however does anyone know if there are any plans to update the user interface to be more like what stream offers.

All my opinions are my own.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Hardware upgrade/app

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cooper+D  I'm afraid no one here has any inside knowledge regarding future plans, anyone that did would not be able to disclose as they would be under an NDA,

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Cooper+D 

I'd suggest neither of those are likely to happen any time soon: hardware diversity increases development and support overheads, while moving to a software client would make it harder to justify the historic Sky subscription premium.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

What aspect of the Stream interface would you like incorporated into the NOWTV interface?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Gincap This message was authored by: Gincap

The Now interface on Apple TV is actually very good, the colours I prefer to stream and as Now uses Apple's in house app rather than it's own that is why the interface runs flawlessly on Apple TV.  You've also got the Now channel within the Apple TV app alongside a multitude of others so it makes cross rooms viewing and on the go viewing all in sync a doddle a no whole home subscription required. No brainer! 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Hi @Gincap I hope you are keeping well.  We have discussed Now/Apple TV before but I have never taken the plunge. We are due to move to a new apartment next weekend and once settled intend to put a Freely compatible TV in the bedroom.  As I already own a 4K ATV the logical step would be to use my ATV with Now instead of taking a whole home subscription.  The apartment is already cabled for Ethernet but my ATV is a 3rd generation model without the Ethernet port which is a shame.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Fothergill1 wrote:

Hi @Gincap I hope you are keeping well.  We have discussed Now/Apple TV before but I have never taken the plunge. We are due to move to a new apartment next weekend and once settled intend to put a Freely compatible TV in the bedroom.  As I already own a 4K ATV the logical step would be to use my ATV with Now instead of taking a whole home subscription.  The apartment is already cabled for Ethernet but my ATV is a 3rd generation model without the Ethernet port which is a shame.

Would a NOW subscription be less costly than whole home ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Jporch316 wrote:

@Fothergill1 wrote:

Would a NOW subscription be less costly than whole home ?

It can be significantly cheaper with easy to receive discounts😉

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion