Discussion topic: Gutted but goodbye sky stream and hello BT

This message was authored by Taff33 This message was authored by: Taff33

Gutted but goodbye sky stream and hello BT

Had 3 sky stream pucks since January, had few issues along the way but mainly teething issues which resulted in a swap out of pucks.

I was always on a 31 day rolling contract, however I had a look today at alternatives as I have the full package inc BT Sports

I called sky and said i can get a similar package with BT which is almost £40 a month cheaper, they said the best they could offer was £7 a month saving as long as i sign an 18 month contract, I wouldn't have a problem signing a contract (as i will be with BT) but it still works out that I will save £32 a month by switching.

The bit that baffles me is that we are paying for a cheaper package to watch a lot of sky content through a third party, doesn't make sense to me.

And the gutted bit is that I actually like the UI etc of Stream so hopefully BT's is similar. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Re: Gutted but goodbye sky stream and hello BT

It’s the same with virgin media stream service. 

Sky sports is £18.75 in HD for 18 months 

Sky Cinema is £10 a month for 18 months

BT Sports is £10 a month for 18 months

Sky Max, Eurosport, basic entertainment channels are £8 a month

all the above are monthly contracts. I can’t understand how virgin can sell sky channels cheaper than sky. BT sports is £20 a month cheaper. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick Roku 4K Google Chromecast

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion