Discussion topic: Great TV when playlisted takes me to ITVX?

This message was authored by Michann This message was authored by: Michann

Great TV when playlisted takes me to ITVX?

When I add for example an Avengers episode on GreatTV to my playlist it takes me to ITVX and premium so I cant watch it unless I subscribe which I dont want to.. Does ITV X  own Great TV?

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Great TV when playlisted takes me to ITVX?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No - but they obviously own the streaming rights to the Avengers hence when the playlist links you to it.

Unfortunately due to legal rights issues Sky can't take a cloud recording of every show and that is why sometimes when you playlist a show from a channel the playlist will just link you to the streaming version on a catch-up service like ITV X.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Michann wrote:

When I add for example an Avengers episode on GreatTV to my playlist it takes me to ITVX and premium so I cant watch it unless I subscribe which I dont want to.. Does ITV X  own Great TV?

All the Sky Puck knows is you want "Avengers" so it links to the programme anywhere ... The Sky Streaming system has no interest in channels😟

Exiled in HH
Michann
Topic Author
This message was authored by Michann This message was authored by: Michann

Thanks, yet another reason not to renew with Sky when my contract finishes.

Cheers M

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The Avengers and The New Avengers do not for Great TV viewing have the On Demand rights, as the On demand rights are exclusive to ITVx premium.

Sky cannot do anything about this, it's a Great Tv decision. There have been a few other Great Tv series that have the same. Thankfully, their films do tend to have the On demand rights for their set of Great film channels, meaning they remain on Sky stream cloud storage for us.

Going forward in the world of streaming, it's just something that will happen, with more competive rights deals for their streaming services.

Yes, can be a little annoying, that you add something to your playlist and a short while come back to find its on another service you may not sub too.

Not sure how it's a solver for Sky, as it's the channels having mixed content rights, live or On demand and sometimes those On demand sit for only short periods on a particular service.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion