Discussion topic: Glass (puck) remote is confused

This message was authored by G_Hardy This message was authored by: G_Hardy

Glass (puck) remote is confused

Hi I'm having an odd issue with my sky remote. The buttons seem to be mapped to the wrong function. On/off works, and the right option on the pad also acts as power. Left seems to bring up the search button. Select does not select, but the button works because it brings the puck out of screensaver mode. Audio search works, but I can't watch anything because select does not. The numbers appear to work because I can hold 1/3 to re-pair the remote, but I can't confirm it when the process completes. 

New batteries and the twist trick have not worked. 

Any suggestions?

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Glass (puck) remote is confused

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@G_Hardy 

Try unpairing and re pairing the remote 

The remote can be reset and paired again following these steps;

1. Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
  2. Press and hold 4 and 6 together for three seconds.
  3. Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds and follow the on-screen instructions.
——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
G_Hardy
Topic Author

Unfortunately that doesn't work, the number keys work and the remote appears to re-bind to the puck, but the selection button doesn't have any effect when the process ends.

I've tried to reset the remote by leaving the new batteries out for five minutes but that must not be how it's done. 

Thank you for replying though. 

G_Hardy
Topic Author

IMG_3145.jpeg

The end of the pairing process. None of the remote keys do anything except power, left and 3, each of which turn off the puck. The select button does nothing here, but it does bring the puck out of screensaver mode so it's not bad contacts. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion