Discussion topic: F1 live recording keeps skipping for 30 seconds, anyone else having this problem?

This message was authored by Lesley666 This message was authored by: Lesley666

Re: F1 live recording keeps skipping for 30 seconds, anyone else having this problem?

We are on to them now and this guy doesn’t know of an issue either!

This message was authored by SGB017 This message was authored by: SGB017

Re: F1 live recording keeps skipping for 30 seconds, anyone else having this problem?

I've just been on the phone to them - said they know about the issue, but would only offer £15 compensation 

This message was authored by Lesley666 This message was authored by: Lesley666

After forcing our point just got £25 Tesco vouchers 

This message was authored by mattyhudds This message was authored by: mattyhudds

Same issue looked forward to watch hungarian GP. Cant record have to trust stream which is rubbish. Skips a few seconds every 30 seconds. Un watchable. Cant watch UHD at a later date aswell. Even though they sold it u can do everything from Q box but i could record UHd. This iant gud enough at all. And sky just ignoring the issue as usual. 

This message was authored by CotswoldExile This message was authored by: CotswoldExile

Same issue here, trying to watch the Hungarian GP.  I was on the fence given the cost, as I really only subscribe for F1 coverage. I'm going to cancel my contract as this makes it unwatchable. The inability to watch races on Sky Go, the constant issues with streaming quality (buffering used to be a big issue in live races for me, despite a 350mbps connection) and now this, it's unbelievable. They apparently do not care about the quality of the Stream service.

This message was authored by OBdarb This message was authored by: OBdarb

This is an absolute joke, I rang customer service and they said they had no reports of this happening. Tried the usual reboots etc.

The final piece of advice I was given was to wait and see if I can watch it on the sky sports app on my phone. Are they taking the ****?

This message was authored by mattyhudds This message was authored by: mattyhudds

Embarassing for aky but watch the race on ch4 now. Says highlights bit hasnt skipped anything nor has it skipped. Stream service is a joke.

This message was authored by Neil+Essex This message was authored by: Neil+Essex

I'm done with Sky Stream 

Reverting back to Sky Q in the morning as I'm still within cooling off period . 

Sky Q 2TB HDR Box & 1 Mini Box
Sky Signature with Netflix
Sky Sports Complete Pack
TNT Sports
Sky Cinema
MUTV
Sky Multiscreen
HD & UHD Pack

Virgin Media Gig 1 Broadband
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

So it's seemingly an issue with the playback.

Everyone who has this issue should send an email to the viewer relations team viewerR@sky.uk.

This is the best and quickest way to report these types of issues and they will then get passed to the correct Sky backend team to fix and resolve. 

Posting on the forum won't necessarily get the attention from Sky immediately and would only do so during normal working hours anyway.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Also just to add similar to the British Grand Prix it's not the entire race that's affected, the issue stops at around lap 15/16 which is about the same length into the race it started working for the British Grand Prix so for those still wanting to watch the race it isn't like it's completely preventing it if you battle through the first 20-25 minutes of the race show.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by SarahKnitter This message was authored by: SarahKnitter

Just spoke with Debbie at customer services. She's going to escalate the issue as there's still no known issue on their end and I told her lots of other people here are reporting the exact same. She's going to speak to her manager and call me back about a) possible technical solutions and b) a goodwill gesture (assuming refund). She was great and can't blame the CS agent, but this really should be at least a logged known issue by now, Sky!

This message was authored by SLPL1 This message was authored by: SLPL1

Just called them based on comments here regarding it being a known issue. They told me to email viewerR@sky.uk and said they would credit me £30, this seems to be more than other people have got back but maybe they are taking into account that I had the problem with the British GP and the Hungarian GP. If I have the same issue with Spa next week I will be on to them again, this is a paid service which is not delivering.

This message was authored by Tom2611 This message was authored by: Tom2611

Sky sports f1 skipping forward

Trying to watch f1 that I missed earlier one and it keeps jumping about 4 or 5 seconds every so often and it's making it hard to watch it properly 

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Sky sports f1 skipping forward

@Tom2611 wrote:

Trying to watch f1 that I missed earlier one and it keeps jumping about 4 or 5 seconds every so often and it's making it hard to watch it properly 

If you look further down the forum you'll see that this was reported a lot yesterday. Lots of unhappy F1 fans by the look of it...

This message was authored by Pam39 This message was authored by: Pam39

Same for me. This is second race it's skipped forward every few seconds. Not acceptable as totally spoils race. Tried switching off tv & router but no difference 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion