Discussion topic: Dolby Atmos audio drop out

This message was authored by Dac20vt This message was authored by: Dac20vt

Re: Dolby Atmos audio drop out

Is anyone from sky going to acknowledge this issue? I think there are enough people here with the same issue for you to admit that this product is not fit for purpose! Honestly I'm so glad that I cancelled this. IPTV performs better.

This message was authored by M3rk This message was authored by: M3rk

hi @Dac20vt  a sky rep is looking into it see post 36.

that being said i went down an Atmos drop out rabit hole yesterday and i dont think its just the sky puck, i found more, but you get the pitcure. 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/intermittent-sound-dropouts-on-lg-g4-65-inch-tv-need-advice.2503066...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Soundbars/comments/154098u/atmos_audio_briefly_dropping_out/

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254702691?sortBy=rank

NowTV now offer UHD and Dolby Atmos support.

Looking like a better proposition to me! 

This message was authored by Mr+Michael+P This message was authored by: Mr+Michael+P

The Now TV UHD with HDR and Atmos absolutely is the better option for me anyway and just made the switch it's faster, ad free which is the big one for me, looks great just overall enjoying it so much more at present for UK tv using iPlayer, ITVX Premium and Channel 4 subscription so covers everything I need now. I love the idea of sky stream but the puck did desperate spec upgrade faster, and also need all sky on demand library to be ad free, just can't go back until that changes but I doubt it ever will. 

@Mr+Michael+P wrote:

The Now TV UHD with HDR and Atmos absolutely is the better option for me anyway and just made the switch it's faster, ad free which is the big one for me, looks great just overall enjoying it so much more at present for UK tv using iPlayer, ITVX Premium and Channel 4 subscription so covers everything I need now. I love the idea of sky stream but the puck did desperate spec upgrade faster, and also need all sky on demand library to be ad free, just can't go back until that changes but I doubt it ever will. 

hi @Mr+Michael+P  so does NowTV still not show terresteral channels on the same page, within the TV guide i mean ?

This message was authored by Mr+Michael+P This message was authored by: Mr+Michael+P

No terrestrial tv no but you can if for example using Apple TV watch live and catch up using iPlayer, itv x, and channel 4 on demand these can be ad free as well on demand when paying extra. 

I know Now TV does not have as many channels but in reality the majority of what you want to watch is on Now TV and ad free is the main thing it makes such a difference having non interrupted tv shows and no fiddling with trying to fast forward poorly implemented on stream, I understand it's not for everyone some like the lots of live tv on stream, I don't watch much live tv. Having sport in UHD with HDR on now is perfect looks amazing and quick to navigate, etc, I think sky stream v2 if they include ad free on demand could be amazing but it would require a complete strategy change from Sky not sure we will see it. I actually think they should lean into the Now TV platform more it works, it works better and in some cases we are paying as much as stream customers so why not go in the direction that is the better platform. 

This message was authored by Roger17 This message was authored by: Roger17

@M3rk If you want to go the apple TV route you can buy TV launcher for £5 and it gives you a program planner that links to all your Apps (BBC I player, ITV+ and even Now TV). so you only have to go to the guide as you would with Sky Q or stream and select what you want to watch.

Hi @Roger17 thank you for the info , we do have all the hardware unfortunately lol , but i do think the one thing sky get right is its planner / ecosystem, i always return to it. Thats just me though 😊

This message was authored by Roger17 This message was authored by: Roger17

@M3rk I used to be the same, but the price Sky want to what you can get from other sources legally is so big, it would be difficult to use them again. The TV launcher app is good the only thing I miss is the ability to record from it although I have a hard disc connected to the TV that allows me to schedule and record from the freeview planner built into the TV.

This message was authored by JMarsden1 This message was authored by: JMarsden1

Same issue, add it to the thread of no support and fingers in the ears from sky.

LG C3 TV, Sony S2000 Soundbar, both HDMI of high quality and matching. Sound been fine on most terrestrial TV.

Decided to stream the football tonight in UHD and the audio keeps cutting out, 5 times in the first half, once it was a full 5 or 6 seconds. The 'dolby atmos' popup appears in the top right of the TV like it cuts out and jumps back on.

It's a joke how sky have dropped all of their standard boxes with recording, provide customers with streaming boxes which provides a delay to all live sports, and the audio is janky. OR I can pay another £30/40 a month for sky q? 

As a customer it's ridiculous I'm paying so much and can't comfortably watch TV which I'm paying extra for. What's the point in offering UHD to customers if the Sky Stream box cannot handle it?

@JMarsden1 I'm loving NowTV via Apple TV

UHD and Atmos, no issues 

Same recently left stream. Now tv, hdr atmos 4k ad free and snappier interface. Sky stream could be good they choose to release a below par puck shovel wear of ads and charge a premium. 

This message was authored by JMarsden1 This message was authored by: JMarsden1

Thats good for you. Do you have Atmos sound system and sky stream?

This thread of 8+ pages have people all suffering the same issue......

Yes I had sky stream still do technically for a few weeks and Samsung Dolby Atmos soundbar with oled tv. Terrible issues with Dolby Atmos mainly on live sport and also sometimes audio sync where the voices not match up on some channels. I just gave up with stream in the end NOW there is a better alternative. 👍

Still can't believe Sky haven't properly acknowledged this issue 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion